displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Different idling issues (someone near Slough needed)
russian

Regular

Post #1
So number of idling issues with this one,

First one happens quite often, when coming to a stop the revs love to jump up 200-400rpm, sometimes they go back to normal within 2-5 seconds, sometimes they stay above 1k for 5 seconds.

Second issue started today, when starting, revs jump to 2-3k and stay there, turned it off and started ok-ish but idled low..almost stalling.

Also maybe im just paranoid but when revving the engine a bit, revs seem to stay up longer... sort of not dropping as they should?

Anyway, sorry for my poor explanation. I have searched and found that number of sensors need to be cleaned / replaced, but i am a bit rusty on the location of said sensors and maybe while at it, people might have had very similar issues which they would like to share a how it was fixed.

Also where would be the best place to order new sensors or it maybe worth buying 2nd hand ones?

Posted 21st Oct 2009 at 22:18
russian

Regular

Post #2

Can someone tell me where the above plug should be connected to?

Cleaned the stepper motor, will see how the car behaves for couple of days.
Posted 22nd Oct 2009 at 17:39
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #3
The above plug should be connected to the MAP sensor of a lesser model Wink

It's a common wiring loom, that plug is unused in our cars.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 22nd Oct 2009 at 18:20
russian

Regular

Post #4
Anyways... 2 weeks on and it's still the same, so cleaning the stepper didn't help.

Does anyone know the part number for ECP "TPS" sensor? Will have a go at replacing this tomorrow.

Or better still maybe someone near Slough has a few spare sensors we can swap around to eliminate the problem?
Posted 8th Nov 2009 at 23:58