displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: brake squeal on passenger front
topshot_2k

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Changed all my pads 2 months ago for mintex 1144's copperslip on the backs etc

Now the passengers side front squeals everytime i brake when cold/slightly warm and i seem to get the same squeal when i turn the wheel even without applying the brakesCrazy but its only from the front passenger side and only at slow speed?

any ideas?

Owner of a Nile Phase 2 GTI-6 & Impreza WRX Smile.
Posted 20th Oct 2009 at 02:04
tabbbster

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Mine is doing this aswell, But both fronts. Like you only when cold or a bit warm and at low speed. Never did it with the first set of M1144's I had with XDG maxtorq disks. But its doing it loads with the M1144's and XDG black diamond disks. I am using the rubber backing stickers but no copper slip as I find it just atracts dirt.

What disks are you using?
Could just be this batch of pads. Dunno Mine have been fitted for 3 months approx.

My Rallye was built on thursday 7th January 1999 according to the cosmic code generator.
My Cyclone refurb
Posted 20th Oct 2009 at 02:17
topshot_2k

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
im using standard disks, i used the backing stickers and copper slip but it still does it.
I just read that someone had a problem with them coming of the backing plates could this be an issue still with the 1144's?

Owner of a Nile Phase 2 GTI-6 & Impreza WRX Smile.
Posted 20th Oct 2009 at 02:33
tabbbster

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
The last set I had was fine, I think they would make a lot more noise if this was the case.

My Rallye was built on thursday 7th January 1999 according to the cosmic code generator.
My Cyclone refurb
Posted 20th Oct 2009 at 02:42