displaying posts 51 to 62 of 62

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: Vtec??
rikky 🦔

Post #51
put it this way it's (mine) quicker than a brand new CTR from 0-60mph by about a yard. after 60mph it seemed to pull away a lot better. it is easily and definitely quicker than a gti6 but you have to rev it more. it's only 5spd aswell. and it's s**t on fuel. really s**t.

mine's a completely standard 1998 early engine aswell, not the VVT porsche reworked 210bhp lump Wink

i had a gti6 engine and a v6 engine in my garage at the same time and with everything bolted onto both ready to drop in, the v6 engine is a lot heavier. i don't know exact weight though

drive one, i think you'd be suprised how quick they are Smile i've had some fastish cars, it's not the fastest i've had but it's quicker than the 6

at a complete guesstimate, i would imagine a v6'd 306 to be about on par with a low boost charged 6. it's a very good engine. think Adam B had one, he might advise otherwise Unsure

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 15:02
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #52
eliotrw wrote:
Things is though that 197hp is achieved with basically no more torque than a 6. A 6 engine with similar power would be more flexible imo.

What about a v6? 210hp

only reason i ask is i have a written off ctr if i want it. dent in the side (not repairable)

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 15:08
rikky 🦔

Post #53
you are only young once. buy it, pull it apart, learn something. push the boundaries. put the engine in a 306 and spend £10k doing it yourself but it'll be cool

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 15:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #54
no, Miles proved that by spanking his v6 estate down the 1/4 faster than a gti6.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 15:57
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
My opinion may be biased but I'd say the v6 conversion wouldn't be near the low boost 6s, it's 50 ish bhp less power and a heavier engine.
I've not been in a v6 306 but the vids I've seen don't seem a patch on a low boost job, my low boost was pretty rapid.
rikky wrote:
put it this way it's (mine) quicker than a brand new CTR from 0-60mph by about a yard. after 60mph it seemed to pull away a lot better. it is easily and definitely quicker than a gti6 but you have to rev it more. it's only 5spd aswell. and it's s**t on fuel. really s**t.

mine's a completely standard 1998 early engine aswell, not the VVT porsche reworked 210bhp lump Wink

i had a gti6 engine and a v6 engine in my garage at the same time and with everything bolted onto both ready to drop in, the v6 engine is a lot heavier. i don't know exact weight though

drive one, i think you'd be suprised how quick they are Smile i've had some fastish cars, it's not the fastest i've had but it's quicker than the 6

at a complete guesstimate, i would imagine a v6'd 306 to be about on parH with a low boost charged 6. it's a very good engine. think Adam B had one, he might advise otherwise Unsure

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 16:13
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Having driven one I'd say go v6'd if you fancy taking on a conversion, you can pick the 406's up for pennies and they aren't that much work to put one in. The way they deliver the power is brilliant, no messing with down changes to get it revving just boot it and off it goes pretty much any revs in any gear. Id agree with rikky that driven well I doubt there would be much difference between a sc'd one and a v6, certainly not bottom end anyway.

The one I drove did feel a bit front end heavy but I'm sure with the right suspension setup you could get it to be pretty much as good as a 6 in handling and feel. Also to add from what I know about them they are very reliable engines and they have strong gearboxes where as I know of a few people that have had gearbox and headgasket troubles with the type r engine.

Ryan
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 16:17
rikky 🦔

Post #57
the v6 engines can be picked up for less than a gti6 timing belt kit

that's why i had a spare one Laugh was quicker for the other guy who owned it to chuck a new engine in it than do the timing belt on the old one (plus it had a leak somewhere)

Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 16:24
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
ryangti6 wrote:
Having driven one I'd say go v6'd if you fancy taking on a conversion, you can pick the 406's up for pennies and they aren't that much work to put one in. The way they deliver the power is brilliant, no messing with down changes to get it revving just boot it and off it goes pretty much any revs in any gear. Id agree with rikky that driven well I doubt there would be much difference between a sc'd one and a v6, certainly not bottom end anyway.

The one I drove did feel a bit front end heavy but I'm sure with the right suspension setup you could get it to be pretty much as good as a 6 in handling and feel. Also to add from what I know about them they are very reliable engines and they have strong gearboxes where as I know of a few people that have had gearbox and headgasket troubles with the type r engine.

De ja vu

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 17:31
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #59
LOL

I thought that too, two identical posts that were posted 58 minutes apart...Confused

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 21:20
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #60
rikky wrote:

At a complete guesstimate, i would imagine a v6'd 306 to be about on par with a low boost charged 6. it's a very good engine. think Adam B had one, he might advise otherwise Unsure

Yeah Adams old V6 rallye was nearly as quick as my L/B supercharged 6 and sounded epic!

he liked it so much hes just bought a 210bhp version of the 406 coupe LOL
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 21:28
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #61
I remember seeing Adam's Rallye at Pugfest...deffo shifted alright, and sounded lovely. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 22:18
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
Extra post deleted LOL

Stupid phone

Ryan
Posted 7th Sep 2012 at 01:14

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]