displaying posts 576 to 600 of 617

Pages (25): first .. 23 [24] 25

Author Subject: I Live For The 306 Game
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #576
ballardpaul wrote:
Who do you think would be the first to get one in sti pink, you could pass it off a death crew or something. And the only way to get in is to get a tattoo and kill a man Ninja

I think James polished off Brother Kennedy so he qulaifies Yes LOL

I need to try and get back on topgear so i can stick one on their stage cars Ninja

Just Drive It
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:08
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #577
What do you mean by 'polished off' ? Whistle
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:25
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #578
jsoulman wrote:
What do you mean by 'polished off' ? Whistle

LOL It might just be a London thing Whistle

It means to finish something, so in this case you finished him off.... sounds even worse Laugh

Just Drive It
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:35
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #579
Wheres that gay smily when you need it. LOL

Anyway, best get ready for the book launch. I havent had time to sort anyhting out but I will think of something when I'm there.
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:39
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #580
Topgear that would be a brilliant idea. Still got all mine don't know what to stick them to. Might just have one on my car for a while next cruise I go to I think.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:39
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #581
ballardpaul wrote:
Topgear that would be a brilliant idea. Still got all mine don't know what to stick them to. Might just have one on my car for a while next cruise I go to I think.

Stick them on all the Vag rubbish at the next No Rice event Ninja Laugh

Just Drive It
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:44
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #582
There's an idea!

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 29th Apr 2010 at 21:52
jammamayhew Banned!

Post #583
rallyestyle wrote:

I need to try and get back on topgear so i can stick one on their stage cars Ninja

That I have got to see, or even better, on James May's forheardLOL After all, I live for the 306 originated from James May...hewCool

JAMMA "M44YHW" MAYHEW

LOSE WEIGHT NOW - ASK ME HOW -
NUTRI-FIX

GTi6 LPG, The best of both worlds!

2006: 1997 R reg 306 1.4 Miami - Diablo Red - DEAD
2007: 1999 V reg 306 1.4 Meridian - Diablo Red - SOLD
2007-09: 1998 S reg 306 GTi6 - Diablo Red - DEAD
2009-10: 1998 R reg Corsa 1.2 - Blue - SOLD
2010-13: 2001 Y reg 306 GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red - DEAD
2013 - 2013: 2000 X reg GTi6 LPG - Moonstone Blue - DEAD
2013 - current: 2001 X reg GTi6 LPG - Diablo Red
]FOR SALE[/b]

"I LIVE FOR THE 306"
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 01:00
AndyJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #584
jammamayhew wrote:
rallyestyle wrote:

That I have got to see, or even better, on James May's forheardLOL After all, I live for the 306 originated from James May...hewCool

Ban

For we are many.

PS£ ID: Monkey369

Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 01:45
rwgti

Seasoned Pro

Post #585
jsoulman wrote:
Thread revival.

My office was being filmed this morning for a 'day in the life' type program being made about my boss, who is launching a book today.

Looks like I am going to be in it quite a lot as they filmed our little office with me doing work etc. They filmed me whilst I was doing some admin work (actually secretly browsing the forum) so I opened a new word document and typed 'I live for the 306' in pink and large font and then got up and left it on the screen whilst they kept filming.

Chances of it making the actual propgram is probably very slim but we can hope. The camera crew have all f*cked off now following my boss around.

If it does make the program then then my boss will see it and probably question me about it, but quite frankly its worth it. LOL

If that makes it onto tv that will be epic Smile

Team Astor Grey Supercharged GTI 6

Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 02:20
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #586
How did you get on last night Sir Jimmy? Unsure

340 horses
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 19:17
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #587
Oh shit yeah I forgot to update. Last night was f*cking mental! I cannot describe how strange it was. Sorry it’s an essay.

First of all I'm sorry if I offend anyone with what I have written here, I don’t really mean to sound like I am being nasty about deaf people, its just I’m not that great with words.

last night

Heres a question. How do you tell a deaf person that you are not deaf and you cant sign? Well it was harder then I thought, much harder!

I was the only person there who couldn’t do sign language, almost everyone was deaf except for a few sign language interpreters and the book publisher. (more on him later). I had people coming up to me and signing at me and I did my best to tell them I cant sign by pointing to my ear and shaking my head. So then they tried to talk to me using their voice, but all that came out was muffled sounds and strange and sometimes hilarious noises. I had to hold back the laughter many times. When people wored out I coulnt sign they usually walked off...but then someone else would come over.

Heres another question. Will a room full of deaf people be noisy? Yes! Is it funny? f*ck yes! The noises were a mix between baby noises and laughing that wasn’t quite laughing, more like a witches cackle, coming from everywhere. It was like being in a foreign country, but you know that no one is actually saying words.

I had some really funny looking woman making comments about my T-Shirt all night, but I have no idea what she was talking about. I kind of got the impression that she wanted to take my shirt off. (Doesn’t surprise me really) Whistle

I was asked to be interviewed for the camera but then they found out I wasn’t deaf and didn’t want to interview me. Discrimination or what?

The only other person who was not deaf was the book publisher but he was strange, very strange. At the end of the night I had to help him take the rest of the books back to his house and unload them. Once finished I noticed he had locked his front door. He then offered me a coffee but I told him I wanted to go home. Then he touched my arm and said 'how about a whisky' in a way that made me think he was going to slip rohipnol (sp) in my drink and have his wicked way with me. So I told him I was going home as my girlfriend is waiting up for me and left.

So, back to the 'I live for the 306' subject. Unfortunately, due to the night being so strange I did not get a chance to do anything. I had so many people tugging my shirt to get my attention and I was also busy dealing with selling the book. Deaf people watch very carefully as they cant hear, so I really couldn’t get away with anything. Sad

Anyway, that was my night...
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:11
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #588
Oh yeah, there was a really funny fat woman that looked just like Ronnie Corbett!
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:13
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #589
Couldn't you have just said 'I can't sign' and let them lip read? LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:13
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #590
All you needed was this...

340 horses
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:15
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #591
phillipm wrote:
Couldn't you have just said 'I can't sign' and let them lip read? LOL

I did say that, but it just made them feel like 'ok, I will talk using my voice then, you should be able to understand me and I will lip read you'. But all that came out of their mouths were urghhh erughh ah mwurph.....

I am speaking for about 98% or them. Some I could understand, just.
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:21
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #592
CUJ wrote:
All you needed was this...

You think? I went by that system when I bought some food and f*cked up big time. I asked how much and although she did it very slowly, her signs were a lot different to that. I just held my hand out with the money in and let her take it in then end.
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:26
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #593
How does your boss and you communicate?

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:26
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #594
She can hear me as she is not 100% deaf but I have to talk slowly and she has to look at me. I can understand her when she talks back. Otherwise we have interpreters.

Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:28
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #595
I am acctually thinking about studying to be an interpreter. I've known basic signing for ages and it's pretty good money and job satisfaction.

You can expect £30 an hour for most jobs, including translating for a theatre production, teaching assistant, doctor appointments, phone calls at 3am for A&E interpretation, etc.

Only problem is it takes about 5 or 6 years to reach qualified interpretation level Sad

James, her signs would be different due to the above being finger spelling for numbers. In a conversation it's totally different. It's the same with things such as finger spelling. You never use it unless you are spelling your name or an obscure road name, etc.

Just read the story about the publisher. You love it really. It makes you feel wanted Ninja

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:39
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #596
kit wrote:
I am acctually thinking about studying to be an interpreter. I've known basic signing for ages and it's pretty good money and job satisfaction.

You can expect £30 an hour for most jobs, including translating for a theatre production, teaching assistant, doctor appointments, phone calls at 3am for A&E interpretation, etc.

Only problem is it takes about 5 or 6 years to reach qualified interpretation level Sad

Youre spot on! I deal with sign language interpreters invoices and to honest £30 per hour is cheap, most I work with charge about £45! They earn f*cking shit loads. Over a grand for 4 days work some of them. As soon as I saw this I asked about how I went about becoming an interpreted and you are right, it takes about 6-7 years at Uni.

Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:37
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #597
Doesn't have to be at Uni mate. Find a local school or college that hold adult learning courses in BSL. I'm hopefully enrolling to a Level 1 course down the road. It's 2 hours a week on a Wednesday for 9 months. Then you go onto level 2, 3, then NVQ 3, NVQ4 and finally an interpretation qualification Yes

It's a long haul, but 2 hours a week isn't really taxing and you can start training as an interpretation assistant after level 3.

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:41
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #598
LOL Sounds like a fun night.
I've just been for a hearing test and its apparent my left ear is now pretty deaf compared to my right one, does this mean i can go round making strange noises and pretending i can do sign language?

Goldie the track car.
Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 20:42
stevobeavo

Regular

Post #599
http://funt.spreadshirt.co.uk/306-dturbo-live-for-306-t-shirt-A12757269/customize/color/

lmao
Posted 15th May 2010 at 18:40
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #600
i was thinking, britains got talent or x factor appreance with a i live for the 306 t shirt on haha

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 15th May 2010 at 18:42

Pages (25): first .. 23 [24] 25