displaying posts 26 to 39 of 39

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: water temp upto 110
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
This is what your looking for:

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 26th Oct 2009 at 20:45
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
dan_s16 wrote:
This is what your looking for:

Cheers Dan,
I take it the resistor pictured, is the one for the headlights?
Would the resistor I need to check/replace actually be located on the fan itself then??

Also, does anyone know if pug sell these seperately, or where I could pick one up from.

Smile

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 27th Oct 2009 at 02:52
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
That one is for the head lights yes (actually in mine it's a second one for the driving lightsRazz) but it's exactly the same.

It's on the fan housing, from what i've seen if your car has the twin fan housing but just one fan then it will be somewhere near where the second fan motor would be, if you car only has the single fan housing it's clipped to the side IIRC.

I just tried to get a part number/price from peugeot but service box is playing up at the moment. I can always grab one from a car down the scrappy and post it to you if you want?

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 27th Oct 2009 at 07:06
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
dan_s16 wrote:
That one is for the head lights yes (actually in mine it's a second one for the driving lightsRazz) but it's exactly the same.

It's on the fan housing, from what i've seen if your car has the twin fan housing but just one fan then it will be somewhere near where the second fan motor would be, if you car only has the single fan housing it's clipped to the side IIRC.

I just tried to get a part number/price from peugeot but service box is playing up at the moment. I can always grab one from a car down the scrappy and post it to you if you want?

Cheers matey Smile

Will have a check on servicebox later on in the week as I have it on my laptop which is at a friends atm, or will spend an hour on the the phone to pug LOL

If I get no joy, I may take you up on the scrappy offer if thats ok, and its a single fan as no aircon fitted.

Thanks for all the help and info Dan, it's very appreciated Thumbs up

Take a look

Posted 27th Oct 2009 at 07:47
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Just got service box to work. the part number is 126719

Posted 27th Oct 2009 at 07:49
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
dan_s16 wrote:
Just got service box to work. the part number is 126719

Take a look

Posted 27th Oct 2009 at 08:06
ben tearle

Regular

Post #32
did this sort the problem?

My 6 has similar symptoms to this atm...
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 19:46
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
ben tearle wrote:
did this sort the problem?

My 6 has similar symptoms to this atm...

Not had a chance to sort it yet as been too busy with work, christmas, and it's blooming cold atm.
Not using the car much either so not a major issue for me but will get it sorted shortly.
I also want to check the connector on the bitron unit for bad connections first in case it's something simple before spending more than I need to Smile

Good news is, I took the 6 for it's MOT yesterday.
Old boy looks at the 4" magnex on the back and says "It won't pass with that on there", I told him that we will see Laugh my ass off
Anyway, 20 mins later, sailed through without a single fault Smug Happy
Now to get tax before end of the month Roll eyes

Take a look

Posted 19th Dec 2009 at 20:09
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Finally got round to looking at this today.
Bought the resistor from Pug last week and got hold of a used bitron unit just in case.

Checked my bitron box and it was still mint, no corrosion on the pins or anything so left in place for the time being.
Checked the relay and all good there.
Then came to the resistor which is mounted to the cowling between the rad and the fan.
The plug and resistor both had a fair amount of corrosion on them, so I cleaned the connector up, fitted the new resistor and put everything back together.

Started her up and waited for her to warm up which kept me in suspense for 10 mins LOL

Temp finally hit between 97-100 and fan came to life! let it cool and came back on again at the right temp so all is looking good again Big grin

Thanks for everyones help here and especially to Dan who's diagnosis was spot on and was very helpful in giving some pointers on where to look for the part LOL
Cheers matey, I owe you a Cheers

If anyone needs a bitron, then give me a shout, or I will throw it up in the for sale section at some point soon. Smile

Take a look

Posted 29th Mar 2010 at 02:14
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Well it would seem that the resistor did not fix this issue after all Sad
It worked for a temporary time but the problem came back shortly after and I have lived with it for the time being, but the hot weather is not helping things and it would be nice to get it working right again.

Any other idea's on what the roblem could be with this?
The low speed is not coming on at all and high speed obviously only come on around 107 which keeps the temps bouncing between 100 - 107 when the engine is up to temp and sitting in traffic.

It cools down to 90ish when moving along and getting cool air through the rad.

Any further idea's would be great guys Smile

Take a look

Posted 29th Jun 2010 at 02:48
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
Hmmm

I would say it's probably a lose connection somewhere then.

The S16s favorite trick at the moment is very similar to yours in that the low speed fans don't always kick in. I know that it is one of the relays in between the fans has a dodgy conection and i've fixed it a couple of times only for it to do it again a week or so later.

One of the connections is dodgy due to a relay burning out last year but i've not had time to clean it up properly.

I would say that may even be your problem so check the relays and the wiring, also check the connection on the resistor make sure its in good contact and doesn't move about too much. Could also be the temp sensor I suppose (if you've not got a brown CTS then i'm guessing yours is screwed into the radiator under the top hose).

Posted 29th Jun 2010 at 03:28
ultimate 6 Banned!

Post #37
I have used the twin fan set up from a ph1 d turbo and have nissens ali rad on my ph1 gti 6 never been over 90deg even in the recent few hot days when they do kick in cools down fast no p*ssing around with relays or resistors just plug & play Big grin

Cossack grey gti 6
Posted 29th Jun 2010 at 03:49
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Cheers guys Smile
Could quite well be a connection problem somewhere but did not get too involved with the wiring when replacing the resistor as the loom looked fairly intact and the insulation looked very brittle so I did not want to disturb it and create other possible problems.

The plug connection to the resistor was in pretty good condition and the relays and holder were in perfectly clean condition with no corrosion at all.

No brown CTS sensor for me so I will have a look at the sensor on the rad as well.

The problem for me atm is that I get no days off in this job unless it is bucketing down with rain which means I only get a few hours to mess around with it before going to work, so longer jobs are almost impossible Sad

I will have to arrange a day off I guess LOL

I was looking at the twin fan setup as an alternative, but I thought it was wired differently what with the aircon Unsure
And I believe the twin later phase fans only have one relay compared to the three in the phase 1 single fan units?

Take a look

Posted 29th Jun 2010 at 04:38
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
Sorry to drag up an old thread but did you get to the bottom of this sixysix?

Im having the same symptons as you.

Couple of times whilst sat in traffic fans have not come on at 97 but then the top speed cut in at 107 to cool it down again.

Tested it again earlier at a service station and the fans cut in at low speed at 97 degrees like it normally should.

Bit of an odd one and doesnt always behave as it should.

Cheers

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 20th Jan 2011 at 21:51

Pages (2): 1 [2]