displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: ma, be, bellhousings compatability
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I have just aquired 4 206 super cup rally cars for the rally school. The cars are full group A super cup spec with the 6 speed, PTS cwp, and PTS lsd. One car had missing bellhousing bolts and this had loaded up the bellhousing and cracked it.
The gearbox is based on a gti6 box but is mated to a TU engine (1.6 16v).

The gti6 bellhousing does not fit the TU engine so there is a belhousing out there to mate the BE to TU engine. After looking at a 307 1.6 16v which is the same engine as in my pugs it also has the be box mated to a tu engine.
The 307 bellhousing looks spot on except its for a hydraulic clutch and there is no hole for the clutch arm. I would like to know if any of the 307 range had a TU engine, BE box setup with a cable clutch like the 206 rally cars i have. Maybe one for welshpug this! maybe the 206's have had the 307 bellhousing with the clucth arm holes machined into them? who knows, anyway sorry for the long post
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 22:26
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
there are several bellhousings out there that'll mate a BE box to a TU block.

the main problem you'll have is that the one peugeot sport used is custom made specifically for the cup cars and is at a different angle to any production vehicle so you'll need to use a different intermediate bearing carrier if you use a production bellhousing (that's if they use one, I cant remember if the 206's used one piece shafts like the 106's, that had torque steer LOL )

the hydraulic clutch box does have a hole for a clutch arm at the front not at the top with a cross shaft like youre used to with the BE3 boxes, fairly similar to the old BE1's.

there is a cable suitable arm available as well as a bracket for the cable, they're used on the Partner/berlingo vans.

no european spec 206 had a TU-BE compatible gearbox.

there's quite a lot of information on them I don't know much about and have been trying to sort some definitive answers for a while, I'm off to Belgium this weekend with a Saxo that has finally been completed in its conversion from MA to BE with a Citroen Picasso box Big grin

I know Sandy has looked into these quite a bit too.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 22:41
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers for the reply. The 206 cup cars run a peugeot sport drive shaft intermediate bearing carrier and a propper split shaft, the large type. The clucth arm is a cross shaft type as found on other be boxes, the cup bellhousing realy did look very similar to the 307 one but without the hole for the be cross shaft type clucth arm, anyhow i will get some pics of the box once i have it out the carBig grin

Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 23:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
nice one Big grin

I'd love a day playing in them, but I'm skint Doh

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Sep 2009 at 01:22
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
yeah you should come down, been out setting up a new course for them today, fast flowing circuit where you can realy learn fwd techniques like left foot breaking, lift off oversteer, straight line stability etc.
Propper little cars these one, they are set up stiff but when pushin on they realy come into their own
Posted 25th Sep 2009 at 01:56
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #6

Above are the pics of the box, i am 100% convinced this is a production bellhousing. As can be seen in the last pic there is a code, can anybody match this up on parts cd etc to find out what its from. Its a BE box mated to a TU engine with a cable clutch

Cheers
Posted 29th Sep 2009 at 23:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #7
bit dirty that innit LOL

is that the broken one? looks like a 6 speed end casing on there, but the bellhousing is definitely the cupcar BE3 type that is a special item at a different angle to the production ones, confirmed by a guy at Citroen Sport as it happens.

The Saxo I serviced for last weekend out in Belgium now runs a TU-BE4 from a Citroen Picasso, Garry found the angle issue after he ordered a cupcar intermediate bearing carrier only to find it wouldn't work with the angle of the picasso bellhousing and confirmed with Citroen.

the pictures I saw over the weekend of the 6 speed box that was homologated for the saxo used a stock 5 speed casing with the tin end cover, I think it was Sadev that made them to fit in the smaller 5 speed casing, they certainly list that on their website anyway.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Sep 2009 at 23:47
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Thats interesting, its not so much broken but 2 threads are stripped, i have timeserted thes eand now they are fine. So the bellhousing has been cast by who? its looks to be cast just like a std pug one.Crazy

By the way it is a 6 speed cupcar box, these are mega money new, about 5kBig grin lovely to use tho
Posted 29th Sep 2009 at 23:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
yeah, its a special Peugeot/Citroen sport item, its the only bellhousing for a TU-BE that has that type of clutch release lever, no idea who cast it for them.

All the Production car TU-BE bellhousings have the hole at the front of the box for either a Hydraulic slave cylinder or a clutch cable, its the cable one that's on the Saxo I was with.

Garry would have gone cupcar, was it not the

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Sep 2009 at 00:09
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Right well its a good job i saved it then. It does have the inspection hole in the front like other be boxes. The clucth arm setup is also all pug parts. I assume it was cast at peugeot as all the details, quality, and parts are all pug. cheers mate
Posted 30th Sep 2009 at 00:25