displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: CAR WONT START
tweedie

Junior User

Post #1
Well I was driving to pick my son up and then hit an encounter with my water temp where it shot off the scale, to which I thought it wouldn't be an issue due to it not being a gradual increase. Either way I stopped to let it cool just incase, then love and behold my car won't start. So i got someone out to remove the immobiliser and it didn't work, it then just kicked into life after about 5 mins!

So i drove it home and then left it to cool down and went to check it again, NOTHING, not even a kiss my ass i aint gonna start!!!

So i got the missus to try and start it whilst i had a look under the bonnet, nothing, then the next time a spark!!! I wiggled the wire abit and it started up!!!

She turned it off tried again, NOTHING, not even a wiggle will get it started now. I have put a pic up below so you can see which wire, its the green and yellow one in the pic!!

Any idea's?

Posted 22nd Sep 2009 at 05:20
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
thats an earth, check the bolt is tight first.

you can remove the whole wire anway as its joined the the batery negative lead, i thinkj

theres 2 holes for the earths to fit on the box, 1 onm mine was stripped so ive used the back o9ne instead.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 22nd Sep 2009 at 15:10
tweedie

Junior User

Post #3
Dude it WAS the bolt that was lose, what a complete f*ck up!!!

thanks Smile
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 04:34
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
lol, no worries mate, im glad i can help, im just finding my way around these cars myself!!

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 14:33
fletch

Track Head

Post #5
There are a couple of big earths onto the gearbox so these are always a good place to check with a starting problem.
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 15:46
marga-d

Junior User

Post #6
least it didnt blow the ecu, used to drive a mk2 golf 8v gti, earth s=trap oon gearbox went on that a drew the current the wron way through the ecu-POP dead, just 5 miles south of sheffield, and i live in luton. ha, am i right then that once u tightened bolt it ran??

a dub evolved into a pug, but will it prove to be a wise move!!? Wink - GTi-6
Posted 3rd Oct 2009 at 21:31