displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Dodgy French Electrics
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Picked up the new ph1 xsi today.

Very happy with it and in near mint condition but has the following issues I need to get sorted.

1) Drivers side electric window- Pressing the switch up or down causes a whirring noise but the window is stuck and won't move. (The passenger window works fine using the switch on drivers and passenger side).

2) Electric mirrors - no response whatsoever

3) Radio Code - looked at the FAQ for this- is the Xsi radio the same model as the gti6?

4) Remote central locking - doesn't work, going to try new battery remote first - anyone know what battery this is? Also presuming the new battery doesn't work, how and how much does it cost to get a new one coded up?

Help with any of the above appreciated Thumbs up

Sold my GTI-6 now riding in a Scooby

---------------------------------
James
Posted 22nd Sep 2009 at 01:18
spike_uk06

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Would imagine that the window has come out of the runner. Or the motor has become disconnected from the runner..

Team China
Team Pirelli
Team Cracked Bumper
20th Nov 1999 she was born
Posted 22nd Sep 2009 at 01:59
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers, will have a look inside the door panel tomorrow and see, hopefully its something easy like the window has come out of the runner.

I have also found a thing for the radio code online, so going to try that too.

Anyone else have any thoughts re: mirrors or remote locking?

James
Posted 22nd Sep 2009 at 03:50
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Ok screw the radio, took that out and put my own in LOL

Still need help with the mirrors and the window.

Tried to have a look earlier but EPIC fail at removing the door card Whistle

Anyone?

James
Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 03:00
dr-evil

Senior User

Post #5
Three torx in the arm rest, two on the bottom edge of the door pocket and the fasters through the door speaker then its a case of feeding your hands along the bottom and side edges of the card to pop out the push-in clips, remove the interior mirror covers and lift the card up - un-slotting it from the window seal. Think you have to remove the door lockin pin on phase ones, its been a while i'll ask jim when he gets back seeing as he removed his last week.

Cad Monkey will work for chocolate biscuits....I'm not kidding
Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 03:21
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
dr-evil wrote:
Three torx in the arm rest, two on the bottom edge of the door pocket and the fasters through the door speaker then its a case of feeding your hands along the bottom and side edges of the card to pop out the push-in clips, remove the interior mirror covers and lift the card up - un-slotting it from the window seal. Think you have to remove the door lockin pin on phase ones, its been a while i'll ask jim when he gets back seeing as he removed his last week.

I found the 3 screws in the arm rest, two on bottom of door pocket- and the screws in the door speaker- undid them all- went round and unpopped- removed mirror covers - then couldnt work out how to get the door locking pin off- and the door card still wouldn't budge Dunno

Ok, cheers mate

James
Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 03:36
dr-evil

Senior User

Post #7
Small slot in the locking pin, just big enough to fit an electical screw driver in push it in gently and you may be lucky enough to get the pin off the little plastic widget without breaking the tab off - i've only managed it once in six attempts thats why i was going to ask if it had to be removed because the little bugger is designed to break Roll eyes

Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 04:01
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
dr-evil wrote:
Small slot in the locking pin, just big enough to fit an electical screw driver in push it in gently and you may be lucky enough to get the pin off the little plastic widget without breaking the tab off - i've only managed it once in six attempts thats why i was going to ask if it had to be removed because the little bugger is designed to break Roll eyes

LOL

I might try it- going to have to be very careful though.

I somehow managed to break 2 pieces off the front trim on the standard radio when removing it- and slice my hand open in 2 places in the process.

Brute force never works LOL

James
Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 04:10
dr-evil

Senior User

Post #9
Ouch....the heater box was my favourite when i swapped the matrix, it left an inch long gash in my palm.

One thing i forgot is that the trim piece around the door handle has to come off as well - requires prying out with a screwdriver at each end Smile

Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 05:20
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Just got some new batteries for the keys and...... it works Laugh my ass off

Old man who had it before just thought they had broken and didn't think to change the batteries Doh

So it's just the driver's electric window and mirrors to do.

I have since noticed after having a look at the window, that there are two pieces of card wedged in the sides of the window- to stop it falling down. If I stand outside the car and push my hands down on the window- it just comes down Doh

Not great for security.

Still can't get the door card off. Have found all the screws and undone them as above. Might have another crack at removing the door pin. Angry

James
Posted 26th Sep 2009 at 18:33