displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: engine prob ***with video***
rik19

Post #1
hello, ive asked before about my s16 which when you put your foot down you get massive suction noise and hardly any response.. the car had a power boost valve fitted by previous owner, he must of thought the lack of throttle response would be fixed by fitting it, but no...

i removed the fse thing, etc...done various other fixes since buying it like the avac system which didnt work at all..

ok so i just did a little vid of it reving, basicly should it be sucking in that little filter like that, and that is where the big suction noise happens when you put your foot down...also i put some tape round it to see if blocking it off a bit would help, just to see if too much air was being sucked in...

any ideas guys please, likes whats wrong, whats missing, or this should be here/there etc etc...thanks..Big grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8v-uETNf7g
Posted 19th Sep 2009 at 22:07
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Post #2
clicky

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 19th Sep 2009 at 22:17
pete-gti

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
mmm Swear my 6 does that when you quickly tap the throttle
Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 00:32
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Sounds like induction noise to me. Nowt to worry aboutSmile Don't ever fit throttle bodies if you're worried about that noiseLaugh my ass off

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 00:57
gti-si

Regular

Post #5
Take that tape off for one, and don't worry about the noise, it's just what happens when you put that amount of air through such a small breather filter. The way to get rid of the noise is to put the standard induction piping back....

Whichever, that' normal and fine. If you had a very high idle that revved on when you tapped the throttle, that would indcate a problem, but that sounds spot on to me

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 02:00
rik19

Post #6
really, its horrid to drive, when you press the pedal to go, it almost cuts , and just driving up through gears, every change you jerk forward cos theres a delay on power when you press the pedal..

its the only car ive ever had were theres such a crap throttle response, like almost none..

my ka before this was way better, almost feels quiker too cos you just go on throttle
Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 02:42
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
coil packs or miss firing?

Team allesclar ®

Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 02:55
rik19

Post #8
allesclar wrote:
coil packs or miss firing?

hmmm dunno, seems smooth enough when you go, but it does seem to pop a bit when slowing down sometimes....
Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 03:02
rik19

Post #9
hi, well ive just taken these pics of where that little filter sits, is it meant to have a filter there, or where is this pipe meant to connect to??

Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 19:41