displaying posts 1 to 25 of 35

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: Cleaning the BMC/How its fixed to car
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
How do ya go about cleaning the filter inside the carbon fibre?

i've cleaned it out best i could an have now took the top off it (engine side) but cant seem to get the other side off. Is the filter attached to this side?
Posted 20th Oct 2009 at 00:42
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Sorry can't help you there, but what do you think of this induction kit? Been thinking of getting one for a while now.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 18:51
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
i havnt had it fitted lol
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 18:56
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Ahhh fair enough sure it will be beter than the standard airbox, I should hope so for

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 18:58
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
i have a k&n open filter on just now
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 19:07
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Yeah I have the pipercross open filter and I'm pretty sure the heat of the engine really affects its performance

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 19:25
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
It does affect it alot! Put my enclose viper on and i was shocked at how different and quicker it felt,it quite now tho :sad

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 19:37
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
LOL so anyway does the filter inside pull out of the engine side of the case or is it attached to the airflow side somehow
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 19:57
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #9
hovis16 wrote:
It does affect it alot! Put my enclose viper on and i was shocked at how different and quicker it felt,it quite now tho :sad

QUIET??? you serious? Mine sounds like a scooby! lol That may have something to do with it being fitted the wrong way round! Roll eyes

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:16
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
millsyxsi wrote:
hovis16 wrote:

QUIET??? you serious? Mine sounds like a scooby! lol That may have something to do with it being fitted the wrong way round! Roll eyes

Do you have the intake pipe on it though?

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:17
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Why's it fitted the wrong way round? And have you got the viper?

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:18
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #12
Not yet sorting it all out tonight, and its wrong way round as i got my garage to fit it. and they took it apart and as the filter inside a viper is oposite to a open air K&N they thought it had to go that way so fitted wrong way, and no its sat right down the bottom of my original inlet piping. But putting it on my nice new silicon 90 degree later and piping it up to the original air intake.

Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:22
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
millsyxsi wrote:
Not yet sorting it all out tonight, and its wrong way round as i got my garage to fit it. and they took it apart and as the filter inside a viper is oposite to a open air K&N they thought it had to go that way so fitted wrong way, and no its sat right down the bottom of my original inlet piping. But putting it on my nice new silicon 90 degree later and piping it up to the original air intake.

Thats why its so loud if there's nothing on the end of it, try making a forced induction through the fog hole or somthing, when i fitted my viper i didnt notice a difference untill i put the intake there.

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:25
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #14
lukejenks101 wrote:
millsyxsi wrote:

Thats why its so loud if there's nothing on the end of it, try making a forced induction through the fog hole or somthing, when i fitted my viper i didnt notice a difference untill i put the intake there.

Im going to run it back up to the original air intake. As i have holes drilled in it for better flow, i know fog is the best for air, but i want to keep my fog!

Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:32
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
millsyxsi wrote:
lukejenks101 wrote:
millsyxsi wrote:

Im going to run it back up to the original air intake. As i have holes drilled in it for better flow, i know fog is the best for air, but i want to keep my fog!

You could get it just behind/next to it
I have rallye blanks but Ninja

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:37
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #16
lukejenks101 wrote:
millsyxsi wrote:
lukejenks101 wrote:
millsyxsi wrote:

You could get it just behind/next to it
I have rallye blanks but Ninja

I was wanting to slot it just behind the grill! But its so damn tight there, i cant see anywhere to put a 3" pipe through Unsure

Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:39
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
I think you have to cut something, i know welly done it

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:41
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #18
lukejenks101 wrote:
I think you have to cut something, i know welly done it

Yeah saw that he had done it, And i Pm'd twice about it back along i beleive. But hey ho, Ill have a fiddle tonight and see what i can achieve. The standrad filter ran well off of the intake so viper should be good!

Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 20:46
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
still not decided how i'll feed it cold air but it too damn filthy just now anyway lol
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 21:04
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
To get mine in i took my battery breather pipe out and wedge it in there,at a later date i will cut about 2-3mil of the edges the presto it will b ace.just have to figure how to get the blasted bumper off LOL

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 21:15
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #21
hovis16 wrote:
To get mine in i took my battery breather pipe out and wedge it in there,at a later date i will cut about 2-3mil of the edges the presto it will b ace.just have to figure how to get the blasted bumper off LOL

Wjhats with this battery cooler, why have they got it? any need?

Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 21:25
funscott

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
remove the breather pipe. not needed. you can also take the the connector off which flows air from the front fan (this is what your breather pipe was connected to). this will then give you a decent sized hole if you cant be bothered with removing a spot light. you will need to flatten 76mm tubing a bit to fit between the radiator so get piping with wire so it doesnt collapes. this is how iv done mine.

also watch out for piping rubbing the wiring.

ps its a pain in the ass getting the oem airfilter / resinator out. best way to get the filter in is to take the weel off undo the crap trap and lift it in from below.

Join Quidco the top cash back site and earn £1.25 from my referral link (once you earn £5) http://www.quidco.com/user/571859/1838
Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 21:59
millsyxsi

Regular

Post #23
funscott wrote:
remove the breather pipe. not needed. you can also take the the connector off which flows air from the front fan (this is what your breather pipe was connected to). this will then give you a decent sized hole if you cant be bothered with removing a spot light. you will need to flatten 76mm tubing a bit to fit between the radiator so get piping with wire so it doesnt collapes. this is how iv done mine.

ok fella cheers Big grin

Posted 16th Sep 2009 at 21:57
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
this bit wont seem to budge any specific way of gettin it out

Posted 21st Sep 2009 at 04:24
idnan

Regular

Post #25
Are you trying to get the filter part out of the carbon part or are you trying to take the filter out of the plastic base?

Both me and my brother have BMC filters on our cars and we just the clean filter part (top one in the picture) as it is in the picture. You should be able to clean it properly as it is.
Posted 21st Sep 2009 at 04:44

Pages (2): [1] 2