displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: handbrake fault
tazgti-6

Regular

Post #1
got home last nite n pulled the handbrake on and as the travel came up there was quite a loud crack and snap and now ive got shed loads of travel and a not very good handbrake,altho it is holding,kinda.havnt had a chance to look at it yet but was just wondering if there was any areas i shood go strate to,dont think its the cable coz its still holding,not realy looked at wats down there b4.any help wood b mucho appreciated,cheers guys

Ph2 Nile (work in progress,still)

Team Cycle Revolution

Bike servicing/repairs/upgrades carried out in the ipswich area,Cytech 2

Posted 14th Sep 2009 at 13:33
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Not sure if its much help but, mine is shagged, there was alot of travel on it to the point where the handle was almost vertical, turned out to be the rear calipers seizing, which seems to happen quite a bit, its managed to be freed and now its perfect, as it did fail the MOT last week on this (and a few other bits LOL) but always worth a check, especially if your sure its not the cable, there is a good FAQ for cable adjustment though if you do need it. Thumbs up

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 14th Sep 2009 at 15:09
tazgti-6

Regular

Post #3
nice 1,cheers m8,looks like i'll be spendin my day off 2moro tinkering wit the 6,yet again

Team Cycle Revolution

Posted 14th Sep 2009 at 15:57
tazgti-6

Regular

Post #4
just read the faq on handbrake adjustment,do u realy have to remove the exhaust to replace the handbrake cable?

Team Cycle Revolution

Posted 15th Sep 2009 at 17:06
jon kirby

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
it'll be one of the cables Yes
Posted 15th Sep 2009 at 17:10