displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: rubuilt engine-running in?
peugeot dave

Regular

Post #1
as some of you no the engine to my 6 is just about ready to be rebuilt now i've got all the bits.
the problem is im building a high comp engine running at 12.2.1 compression its having a plug n play e.c.u fitted got forged conrods and so on now the car will need to be run in for a while heres the problem i need to run the car to run it in but the e.c.u will need to be mapped to the car so how can i do this without reving the ass off the car .as it might not even run with the standard e.c.u im kinda stuck for the correct procedure for this

my car's spending all my money grrrrrrrrrr
Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 01:39
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #2
You will need a base-map from your tuner which will enable you to start the car and run it, it will then need mapping as best as possible up to your recommended maximum running in rpm (4,000 say?) then once your runnining in period 500-1000 miles is up, it will need mapping from 4k upwards to your proposed max rpm (8k?)

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 01:46
peugeot dave

Regular

Post #3
cheers matey ill call you for a remiinder when im ready Thumbs up

my car's spending all my money grrrrrrrrrr
Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 02:21
matt h 306

Regular

Post #4
If its been built well and within tight tolerances it wont need much running in at all, just run it at 2500 rpm for 20 mins to bed the cams in, mine was on the rollers being set up all the way through the rev range after a couple of hours run time.

How do you think race engines are mapped when they don't get used on the road?

Posted 9th Sep 2009 at 21:57