displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: few electrical gremlins !!
tommy_306

Regular

Post #1
ive got a couple of electrical problems with my 306 and i need help !! Big grin

firstly, im having problems with my alarm. the remote central locking works, it opens and closes on both the fob and by using the key in the door. but when i lock it by using the fob, the alarm goes off about 15mins later without fail !! ive used the search function and i just got even more confused. i used the guide regarding the flashing LED, but mine just either flashes really fast or flashes slowly. it doesnt flash a certain number of times, just constantly. does anyone know what the problem could be and how i can fix it ??

and secondly, when ive got my wipers on intermintent (using the rain sensors) the wipers wipe the screen, then monentarily stop mid wipe then start again. it does this all the time and its really annoying !! could this be the wiper relay or something else ??

any help much appreciated !! cheers lads !!Big grin

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 7th Sep 2009 at 20:03
mwl001

Regular

Post #2
Alarm is probably ultrasonics, easy to change on a P2.

Not had that problem with the wipers.
Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 05:38
tommy_306

Regular

Post #3
where can i get the ultrasonics from ?? how much do they cost ?? and whats involved in replacing them ??

cheers for the info !! Big grin

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 15:24
x69 rgg

Senior User

Post #4
ultrasonics for sure. best thing is to give the inside a massive hoover out just to be sure you get all the little flys and spiders out. i use to have the same problem when i first got the car. nothing a good clean out didnt sort. hasnt done it once since. failing that, replace the sensors.

wipers. got roughly the same problem. mine used to skip like yours but now they dont park at the bottom of the screen. they keep going like the normal setting and you have to stop them and time the 'single wipe' perfectly to get them where you want them. was told to take the scuttle off, clean any crap out from around the motor and drain holes and make sure the motor looked ok. replace it if theres no difference.

only changed the relays so far, that made no difference. onto the motor i guess. good luck.Smile

"I need to 're-mortgage' my six"

Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 18:26
tommy_306

Regular

Post #5
cheers for the info dude !! will give it a damn good clean out over the weekend and report back !! hopefully it will sort it out for me !!

and ill have a go at the wiper motor aswell !!

really helpful dude !! cheers !! Big grin

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 8th Sep 2009 at 23:42