displaying posts 126 to 150 of 152

Pages (7): first .. 5 [6] 7

Author Subject: 6-point cages fitted, interest thread...
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #126
I'll think about it.

Thought about it, no LOL:

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 11:32
rikky 🦔

Post #127
after seeing the pics from that other thread of that cage, i miss mine Sad

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 12:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #128
LOL

Have to fit another one, with more bars....

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 17:24
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #129
Cage's are addictive, you just cant kerb the urge to get just another thing added.. Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 17:25
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #130
I've got two offcuts big enough to do those main hoop>a pillar stays....Whistle

Email me!
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 17:27
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #131
I'd best give them a miss, give my funds a little time to recover. Laugh

Whilst im thinking about it though, i bought a load of this stuff a couple of weeks ago, would you recommend getting the stupidly expensive FIA approved stuff for the cage all around my head or do you think this will be upto the job?

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=2143_2144&products_id=15540&osCsid=vp7rsgosisgkrmdcvtb5p667q7

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 17:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #132
It's better than nothing, but if you hit the cage hard enough you can still crack a helmet through that stuff.
Give the cage is pressed right against the chassis though, it may not be all that close once you actually mount the seats and sit in it.

Email me!
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 17:44
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #133
I plan on removing the cross member thing that sits under the normal seats so i can mount the buckets as low as possible, hopefully meaning more room above and around my head. I'll see what space is like once the seats are finally in.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 17:47
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #134
Think Rikky has a picture of his from the rear with the buckets mounted?

Email me!
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 18:42
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #135
I can't find his project thread. Hmm Sad

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 18:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #136
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=138226

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 18:58
rikky 🦔

Post #137
i was looking for that photo the other day and couldn't remember my photobucket info!

the pics from that thread are fairly old, but the cage etc remained the same. for the record my seat mounting was perfect, dunno who said it wasn't right but i didn't see a better way of doing it. felt 'proper' to me

the glue i used to stick them in with was quite good actually

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 21:55
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #138
Must have been the same stuff i glued your cage in with....

Email me!
Posted 13th Apr 2012 at 22:13
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #139
I found a couple of empty pritt sticks in my car, its better than i remember it being at school as the drainpipe in my car seems to be stuck in good and proper.

I also seem to have gained a nice steel rule. LOL Just let me know if you want it back Phill.

Thanks for finding the pic Mei, doing something similar to that is part of this weekends plan. Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 00:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #140
Blatent theft! LOL

Email me!
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 11:44
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #141
rikky wrote:
i was looking for that photo the other day and couldn't remember my photobucket info!

the pics from that thread are fairly old, but the cage etc remained the same. for the record my seat mounting was perfect, dunno who said it wasn't right but i didn't see a better way of doing it. felt 'proper' to me

Your way works if you have a narrow seat, putting them that far away from the centrline causes the 'wings' of some seats to foul the hoop or B-Pillar, but if your particular seat/subframe combo allows you to use that position then yeah, its the ideal location. My wideboy Evo2s meant I needed to perch one side on the tunnel and one on the seat bars.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 13:07
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #142
^That's what I ended up doing with Puglover/T400PUG's to get the seating position straight with his seats anyway, even without a cage.

Rikky (And Prism7guys) have their doorbars absolutely as far out as possible to make as much room for the seats as possible though.

Email me!
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 13:28
rikky 🦔

Post #143
daveyboy wrote:
rikky wrote:

Your way works if you have a narrow seat, putting them that far away from the centrline causes the 'wings' of some seats to foul the hoop or B-Pillar, but if your particular seat/subframe combo allows you to use that position then yeah, its the ideal location. My wideboy Evo2s meant I needed to perch one side on the tunnel and one on the seat bars.

my seats didn't foul the doorbars or B pillars, i had the cage pushed out right to the shell so it was stitch welded to the actual shell and at a guess about 20mm further out than normal

i had sparco evo's in it (not evo2's) - i'm 13 stone but pretty lanky so i wasn't too bad in the seat, felt fine

Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 13:37
rikky 🦔

Post #144
ah, phil'd said that

Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 13:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #145
could always mod the tunnel, very common on 205's, the 106 has a second skin over that bit that can be removed, the tunnel itself is much smaller, not sure if the 306 is like that but judging by those pics it looks like it may be.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 13:39
rikky 🦔

Post #146
yeah it comes off, it's all hollow box section to allow space for the seat bolts etc to go into. there is about 45mm of empty sectiion around the tunnel (on each side)

Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 14:21
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #147
welshpug! wrote:
could always mod the tunnel, very common on 205's, the 106 has a second skin over that bit that can be removed, the tunnel itself is much smaller, not sure if the 306 is like that but judging by those pics it looks like it may be.

It is Yes there is a box section either side of it that can be cut away if neccesary, but I tend to feel that it was put there for a reason, so wherever possible I don't cut about the structure unless I absolutely have to.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 14:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #148
Well, if you start chopping the tunnel you may as well keep going all the way around the edges of the floor and just stick some extra tube in...

Email me!
Posted 14th Apr 2012 at 21:08
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #149
phillipm wrote:
Well, if you start chopping the tunnel you may as well keep going all the way around the edges of the floor and just stick some extra tube in...

Spaceframe...Love

Harness bars
Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 11:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #150
If someone wants a rear half cage I've got enough tube left, and can fit one in within the next two weeks.
Main hoop, two rear stays + diagonal all fitted + welded to stiffen shell I can do for £375, would take 1-2 days depending on how well stripped the car arrives.

Email me!
Posted 15th Apr 2012 at 21:41

Pages (7): first .. 5 [6] 7