displaying posts 51 to 75 of 152

Pages (7): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: 6-point cages fitted, interest thread...
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Smile

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 7th Oct 2011 at 20:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
Give me a couple of months to find 1500 quid for the 2.5" tooling and mandrel spring and exhausts up to that will be possible too...Smile

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th Oct 2011 at 20:48
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
I will be interested in a cage eventually, it's hard to tell but does the model with the orange lines mount on the wheel arches or where the rear beam mounts?

All the prices have disappeared, any chance you could also give a rough idea of how much the 6 point cage would cost, and then again with a rear X and a bar for harnesses.
Also for the dash bar, strut mounting bars and door X bars.

I'd best get saving LOL

Goldie the track car.
Posted 7th Oct 2011 at 21:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
They'd go to the beam mounts. Don't know why the prices disappeared, I'll work some out again later, but IIRC a basic 6-point came in around £650.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th Oct 2011 at 21:32
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
Cage + harness bars + door bars = give me a price, would rather throw the cash your way than at some random welder I don't know who'll do a shit job.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th Oct 2011 at 12:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
You wanting the harness bars on the rear as it is, or a full cross in the rear and harness bars?

Can supply stainless exhaust/intake bends too if anyone's wanting any.

Email me!
Posted 8th Oct 2011 at 15:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #57
I need about 5" or so of 2" ss pipe with a flange one end and round bit tother to go between a PH2 xsara exhaust and a PH1 cat, can you do that?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Oct 2011 at 17:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
That's a funny bend....Wink

Email me!
Posted 8th Oct 2011 at 17:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #59
yup LOL no way to do flares and the like?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Oct 2011 at 19:31
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
Not at the minute no, the old compression bender used to have flaring and expansion tools for making cones and slip joints, but you can't use a compression bender for rollcages, so it's a case of making them and welding on afterwards at the moment.
Lend me 6k and I'll get a new one of those too Thumbs up LOL

Email me!
Posted 8th Oct 2011 at 19:36
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
phillipm wrote:
You wanting the harness bars on the rear as it is, or a full cross in the rear and harness bars?

Meh, whatever. As long as it's safe I'm always up for saving some money.

Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 16:52
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
Probably looking at ~£40 extra for the harness bars. Smile

Email me!
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:02
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
So you're saying about £700 all in, supplied and fitted? Just trying to piece together the thread, which has so far taken longer than just reading it again from the start.

Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
Something around there yes, I'll get some firmer prices when I get on the blower to the steel place this week, won't be far away from that though if at all.

Email me!
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:07
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Sounds good, just a shame you're so bas**rd far away. How about a one-hour while-u-wait service? Wink

How long do you reckon it'd take you to get fitted from drop-off to pickup, if it was arranged in advance?

Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
Probably 2 weekends for a 6-point, depends when you'd be wanting it and what other jobs are on at the same time though.

Email me!
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:29
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
Bugger, probably won't be able to then tbh. My brother lives in Manchester so might be able to stay there for a couple of days, but not over a couple of weekends.

Oh well, plastic waste pipe FTW I guess.

Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
Well, if you give me a bit of time, I'll get some built up in other cars to get the tube bender setup and settings perfected, then I can bend yours up, fit/profile tubes in another car, and then pull it down down and put it the kit on the shelf ready to go...

Email me!
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:44
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
phillipm wrote:
Well, if you give me a bit of time...

This kind of time?

phillipm on 31st Mar 2010 at 04:40 wrote:
Taking a lot more time than expected to kit up, but we'll get there eventually!

phillipm on 7th Oct 2011 at 20:07 wrote:
Right.. we've just been and bought a new tube bender... at last.

I'd be needing it within nineteen months though mate Wink

Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
18 months it is then?

Email me!
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 17:54
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
DEAL!

I'd guess I'll be using the car fairly little over the winter but would be back on it early spring next year, and would definitely want it done by then. If in that time you could get to a point where you could drop it in and weld it up while I stay in Manc, that'd be good.

If you don't reckon it'll be possible just let me know and I'll stay on the lookout for a bolt-in.

Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 18:01
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
As of november my track car will be sorn'd and im pretty local to Phill, if i can somehow get my car trailered there it could be used to mock up your cage Owain, i'd also be wanting one fitted to mine and probably some seat bars welding in for some buckets whilst its there, but its going to be quite a while before i have the sort of money saved up that would be needed to cover my cage cost.

A cage is definitely something that i want fitting before next spring though having seen a few nasty off's at recent trackdays.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 18:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
Well, if you can spare it for a while over winter, I can probably nip over with Ed one weekend and fetch it over on the trailer.

Email me!
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 19:44
rikky 🦔

Post #74
owain if you are coming to mcr with your 306, i can possibly get your 306 up there on the same truck as mine but you would have to let me know an exact date (if it helps in any way)

i would be taking mine back up there for something and could possibly get both there together, if phil has space

[proper transport this time, phil, no drug dealers again LOL Wink]

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 23:12
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
Planning on either putting an extension on the workshop this winter to take an extra car, or perhaps moving the whole thing and building a new 4-car unit a bit further down the road, so should have room for two by then*.
Yours shouldn't take too long anyway Rikky with it just being turned into a birdcage...Thumbs up

*Or perhaps 19 months later...

Email me!
Posted 10th Oct 2011 at 00:06

Pages (7): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last