displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Battery Terminal
andy72

Post #1
If the positive terminal on the battery was loose (its a traditional type clamp fitting, not screw in) to the point where i can turn it by hand with little effort and even just lift it off....

Can this be the source of a power drain?

2009 Northern Speed Championship Competitor
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 14:16
Scrompy

Aka Quagmire83

Post #2
Yes because the alternator wont be charging the battery properly I would have thought.

X-Box Live gamertag: Scrompy

PS3 tag: Scrompy

Posted 6th Sep 2009 at 00:50
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
andy72 wrote:
If the positive terminal on the battery was loose (its a traditional type clamp fitting, not screw in) to the point where i can turn it by hand with little effort and even just lift it off....

Can this be the source of a power drain?

Happened to me, every bump it came off, stopped at petrol station for example, fill up, come out, DEAD, ended up just taking it off, fixing the mount back on properly, then screwed it back on tight, not been a problem since.

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 9th Sep 2009 at 01:24