displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Trackday problems
shakey

Regular

Post #1
Just got home from a day at Anglesey and had no end of problems such as heat sheild catching fire, front screen seal coming out, injector o-rings failure etc etc, but all of which were sorted. The main problem is following each session when we turn the engine off the rad pumps it's contents out onto the tarmac via the relief pipe below the cap, the fans don't seem to be on for very long if that has a bearing on things - any ideas ?

Oh and the suspension's shite but I'll post that in the correct section
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 02:07
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Headgasket gone i'd say. Or poss air lock Sad

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 03:18
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
What were coolant temps like?
Might be a tiered/incorrect rad cap. Alot of folks put heavier sprung caps on race/track cars.
Has the coolant system been correctly bled? My 205 sometimes spits a bit out after a good thrashing and the head gasket is fine so dont panic just yet Wink

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 04:00
shakey

Regular

Post #4
The temp sits at about 80 and doesn't move. Don't know if its been bled to be honest, but it just seems strange why it only does it once you turn the engine off.
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 17:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Screen seal vibrate loose or pop out?

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 17:55
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #6
What is the water level like? If you overfill the tank it will spit out the excess.

To me it sounds like an issue with the radiator cap not sealing correctly rather than HG.

Rich
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 17:55
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I'd say get it bled up properly, dont just top it up. Check the cap seal is ok and see how the sprung relief valve feels or even better go and get a new one and rule that out all together.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 20:29
shakey

Regular

Post #8
The water level starts at max whilst the engine's running then after its turned off and spills its guts it goes to min. Reckon its time for a new rad
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 21:32