displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: base mount for side mount seat ??
tommy_306

Regular

Post #1
Ive got a Corbeau Evolution seat that im wanting to fit to my 306. Its a side mount seat so would need seat rails welding in, but i dont want to do that.
does anywhere do a 306 specific base mount that enables the fitting of side mount seats ? id make one myself but i really cant be bothered !! Big grin

cheers, tom.

MY RALLYE PROJECT
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 20:58
eddiebeano

Senior User

Post #2
BUMP for this Q. I have demontweeks sliding base mounts for use with a base mounted seat. will side mount rails fit onto them?

team: Stealth Ninja
Posted 20th Feb 2012 at 17:53
rikky 🦔

Post #3
deleted my post because on 2nd thoughts without seeing the rails, seat and mounts you can't tell. i would say yes you could get them to work but check the sidemounts don't foul the edges of the seats and cause problems

sometimes the holes on the flexible runners are much closer together so putting sidemounts onto them wouldn't be possible

is it so you can used a fixed seat and sidemount on a flexible runner? ie to make use of the back seats still? and be able to adjust them?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 20th Feb 2012 at 18:24
eddiebeano

Senior User

Post #4
hi Rikky, its so I can use your old evos with side mounts on the base mounted sliding subframes that I have my cobra clubmans fitted to. If I could get a rough dimension for the holes for the side mounted seat I could compare!

Posted 20th Feb 2012 at 18:50
eddiebeano

Senior User

Post #5
well the width between the mounting holes looking towards the front of the car is approx. 29.5 cm

and the part number of the subframe is cobsu-pe-36-r

if anyone could check the width between the sidemount mounting holes it would be much appreciated Smile

Edit- for rikky's info- the sub frame has a sliding mechanism bolted on top of it, i was just intending on taking this off and bolting the sidemounts directly onto the subframe.

Posted 20th Feb 2012 at 19:49