displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Sticky clutch
jambo85

Regular

Post #1
On to the next repair as brakes now fitted and feeling good. Thanks for everyones input on my last thread.
My 6 has done 86k. Clutch is rather heavy and sticky (pedal sticks down when im lifting it up sometimes)
Changing gear is ok bar occasionally sticks getting into 2nd in low speeds or back into 1st.
Would simply changing the clutch cable help with this or would i be best looking into replacing the entire clutch with a new kit? Havent checked history to see if its been changed at all? Used the search but didnt give conclusion on whether to fit a full kit or replace the cable only?
Cheers
Jamie

Back to my phase 2 in black on the road.
Phase 3 sold after spending fortune on it.. It wont be missed.
AFTER a phase 3 tailgate in black and front bumper in ace condition.
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 18:58
khj100

Senior User

Post #2
Both points will be contributing but the cable is definitely worth doing.

So, since that's the cheaper part, try changing it first and seeing if you prefer the feel.

Also might be worth changing the gearbox fluid. It's only a few pound a bottle from GSF and should improve the smoothness of gear-change too.

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 19:58
jambo85

Regular

Post #3
Cheers will look into getting the cable changed first and then gearbox oil changed after. Hopefully that will ease her up a bit Smile

Back to my phase 2 in black on the road.
Phase 3 sold after spending fortune on it.. It wont be missed.
AFTER a phase 3 tailgate in black and front bumper in ace condition.
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 01:10