displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: stalling
evski

Post #1
hi guy's and gal's. having recently bought a 205 gti6 it has developed a slight problem, now im sure your all sick of people asking this but iv read lots of other posts and cant seem to find the answer im looking for. my car idles and drives fine but when coming to a stop it OCASIONALY stalls, iv cleaned the icv this made no difference so i replaced it and still no joy, the voltage has been checked and is 12.36volts so is also fine, what else could it be? come on people, someone help me quick or the missus is gonna make me get rid of it!!!!Sad

205 gti6
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 18:58
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
OK Ive had this and to be honest the list of things it "could" be is silly.

Firstly I assume as its a 205 that you dont use the vac pump? Only Ive heard that vacuum leaks can cause occasional stalling

Also - do you use the power steering sensor (blue plug) as if this is faulty it can cause revs to drop.

Throttle position sensor can also cause stalling

Cleaning the inlet manifold can also help. Worst case is faulty ECU; there is one guy with a 6 who had to have a remap to stop stalling but he did have a lightened fly wheel.

What cured it for me was replacing the pipe between throttle body and air box as mine had a split in it.
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 20:23
evski

Post #3
ok thanks for that, will get on it straight away. realy need it sortedSad
edit; mine has no air box - its got a cone filter.

205 gti6
Posted 7th Sep 2009 at 19:37