displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Idleing and driving issue's
neilgti85

Junior User

Post #1
Hello All,

I was driving down the the Hampishire Pagent of Motoring from Brighton and the 6 was having idleing problems and when driving lost rev's and then popped back into life...since then its been doing it all the time.

Does not stall when stopped but it sounds like its about to.

It kind of feel's like it's flooding itself, pull off in first, get to about 2.5k and then the throttle cuts out (Like it normally would if you lift off) and then it'll randomly jump back into life, it does this in every gear.

Any idea's on what to check?

Thanks
Posted 1st Sep 2009 at 16:38
gti-james

Regular

Post #2
i have the same problem. From what i have it could be either the: map sensor, lambda sensor, coolent sensor (green one) or the idle control valve.

I havnt got round to trying any of these yet. Taken it to peugeot and pug performance and they didnt know what was wrong with it. VERY ANNOYING!!!!

Let me know what fixes it mate.
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 02:37
gti-james

Regular

Post #3
P.s theres those of info on here, have a search!
Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 02:37
neilgti85

Junior User

Post #4
I've searched and found it can be like you said map sensor, lambda sensor, coolent sensor (green one) or the idle control valve. Also it could be the coil packs and TPS. Also was talking to a mechanic who's worked on pugs for 16 years and he's told me there's a sensor underneath the thermostat housing, which when I looked was abit corroded. Will clean this tonight and see if this help's.

If you find what's causing your's let me know.

Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 18:08
neilgti85

Junior User

Post #5
I've found the problem, It was my map sensor.

It seems to break down slowly and eventully cleaning it wont work, there
Posted 5th Sep 2009 at 16:52
xsi-in-stealth

Junior User

Post #6
Have you tried euros or gsf for your map sensor, sure one of them would do it at a fair price. Pug wanted about

16V-XSi
Posted 7th Sep 2009 at 03:11