displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Anyone runnig carbs
tris

Regular

Post #1
If so what carbs and what gains do you get from getting rid of injection and putting them on?
Posted 1st Sep 2009 at 01:12
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #2
You gain a shit load of headaches, why ditch fuel injection and opt for carbs? Modern tuners know f*ck all about them and will hate you for bringing a car fitted with carbs for them to work on, plus by ditching fuel injection you are taking a massive step back in drivability. Like saying why use a telephone when I can walk across town and knock on my mates door myself? Why fly in the face of progress? Get a set of bodies if you want the carb sound, they will work reliably once set and never need touching again, remember how many cars you used to see broken down? Carbs! Or crappy ignition systems!

Don't give yourself this headache when the modern alternative will give you better throttle response, more fuel economy, no maintenance and more power across more of the rev range.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 1st Sep 2009 at 01:21
tris

Regular

Post #3
Nuff said! will be on the look out for TBs then.
cheers
Posted 1st Sep 2009 at 01:26