displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: suspension top
getstanley

Post #1
i have just had my 306 up on stands and the front suspension is concerning me a bit.

Top plates that sit on top of the springs are moving, now i dont know if this is normal but from my experience from other cars this is usually fixed? the spring seems to have fallen off the plate so its not sitting correctly.

can some one point me in the direction i need to go please, do i need replacement shocks? bearings?

i know i need to replace the lower ball joints so i dont know if these are gone as a result of this.

any advice??

thanks in advance
glenn
Posted 29th Aug 2009 at 17:48
mark-house

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
hello mate the top spring pans arent fixed they sandwich the bearing up againts the topmount. depending on how old the car is you might find that the bearings have dried out or cracked and this can result in springs snapping. if your handy with tools its not a hugly difficult job to change the bearings.

Peugeot 306 GTi 6
BMW 320 td compact M-sport
1967 Mini Cooper
1990 Jaguar XJR 4.0
Posted 30th Aug 2009 at 15:18