displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Revving problem (video inside)
rain man

Regular

Post #1
Well just to clarify what is happening on the video. My car revs itself from 1000-2000rpm constantly, if I then turn the engine off and back on again it will rev at a constant 2000rpm until the throttle is blipped, and then it goes back to revving up and down.

For the last few weeks its been cutting out when the revs drop below 1000rpm as the clutch is dipped, but it only does it intermittently.

VIDEO CLICKY

Any ideas?

Cheers

For Powder Coating services either PM me or email wheels@ashtonpowdercoating.co.uk

We are based in Manchester and can powder coat anything from Wheels, Inlet manifolds, Sub Frames and much more.

Visit www.AshtonPowderCoating.co.uk
Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 02:21
sacko_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
ICV.. Give it a clean

Build Date - 30 September 1997 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 02:21
rain man

Regular

Post #3
Cleaned it and made no difference. Also unplugged it. I was going to replace it but I was under the impression that if the problem still happened when the ICV is unplugged that its unlikely to be the cause?

For Powder Coating services either PM me or email wheels@ashtonpowdercoating.co.uk

We are based in Manchester and can powder coat anything from Wheels, Inlet manifolds, Sub Frames and much more.

Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 02:23
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Map sensor?

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 02:32
rain man

Regular

Post #5
Replaced already and unplugged to see if problem persists Smile

Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 02:39
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Maybe your better off replacing the ICV, cleaning all the sensors and then resetting the ECU? ECU Reset.

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 02:45
rain man

Regular

Post #7
Yeah I think your right. Ive been told it might be the throttle position sensor so I think ill replace the lot and report back.

Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 03:12
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Thats what the engine does when the ICV is unplugged. could be the ICV, could be the loom Sad
Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 03:56
rain man

Regular

Post #9
Ok thanks for that ill check the wires. If anyone has a working ICV for sale please PM me. Ive pm'd vimto as he was advertising one a few weeks back, waiting to hear back

Posted 27th Aug 2009 at 04:01