displaying posts 26 to 45 of 45

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Immobilizer problem
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Connect all the phase 2 stuff together and switch on the ignition. Unplug the ECU and cut the pins. Now connect to the phase 3 loom.

It should now work without the immobiliser unit. If you want the immobiliser to work, plug it in and put the phase 3 immobiliser chip in the key which will lock the ECU to the new code.

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 01:20
kezman7

Senior User

Post #27
So i dont need that small black box under the dash? ill just plug the old phase 3 one back in?? sorry to keep askin but all the phase 2 then phase 3 stuff confusses me lol
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 01:26
kezman7

Senior User

Post #28
Right i have plugged the original black box in to all like it was before and unplugged the ecu when the ignition was on. and have it infront of me now
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 01:42
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
You should now be able to plug the ECU into the new phase 3 loom and use the new key/chip.

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 02:06
kezman7

Senior User

Post #30
I dont have a phase 3 loom only the one that came with the engine which is phase 2
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 02:33
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #31
kezman7 wrote:
The box that was already plugged in is the one with the yellow plug and the small one that i have is pic next to it.

your trying to plug it into the wrong place mate. when you have the center bit out the way there is a flap on the bottom of the dash where the center bit covers. take the flap off and there will be a black box the same as the one in your pics. swap them over and it should work witk the key that came with the engine. it is a plug that you have to push down a clip and pull it down (simular to the ecu)

hope this helps mate, i had the same problem with my old car and it fired up 1st time after i plugged in the correct transponder. failing that i have got an unlocked ecu for sale or rich_w sells profesionaly unlocked and de-immobilised ones

fixed my heaters and found out my aircon works Big grin
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 02:44
kezman7

Senior User

Post #32
That big black box above is from there, theres 3 screws holding it in, was said earlier in the thread that the phase 2 is different to the phase 3 ones. Rich w thats it i knew someone did them
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:04
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #33
oh ok, is yours a ph3 then?
sorry i havent read through the whole thread Smile
rich_does them for 85 delivered i think or you can have mine for 60

Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:08
kezman7

Senior User

Post #34
Ye its a phase 2 engine going into a phase 3 shell, How much does rich do them for on exchange, i have unplugged the ecu with the ignition turned on and its infron t of me now so if i cut the pins 27 and 48 will this solve it? is yours def unlocked and un immobilised?
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:19
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #35
im not sure about cutting pins as i didnt do it to mine. apparently if you have the transponder in (the one that fits) turn on the ignition and remove the transponder it will unlock your ecu.

i did mine simular to this but with the engine running and it unlocked mine, i was driving my car with no transponder for a few weeks with the ecu and it started first time evert time so i think its safe to say mine is unlocked, if it doesnt work on your car just send it back and i will refund the money.
i think rich sends back about 20 one he recieves your ecu

Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:29
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #36
let me know if you want to give mine a go and i will send it tomorrow morning 1st class

Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:30
kezman7

Senior User

Post #37
Ok ill try unplugging the two plugs on the black box first, then if not i will take yours but will be a week on thursday (payday)

Thanks
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:34
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #38
no problem mate, pm me when you want it.
i think its just the black box you have to dis-connect by the way

Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:45
kezman7

Senior User

Post #39
So leave the yellow one connected yes?
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:51
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #40
i think so yes mate, im not sure about ph3's but i think its just the black one thats the transponder. try both it with 1 pluged in or 2 or the other one. worth a try

Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 03:56
gti-si

Regular

Post #41
Mate, you CANNOT unlock your ECU in that way. The immobilier box with the yellow plug is useless for your ECU, you might as well throw it away. You need the corresponding ECU, key chip AND immobiliser to unlock, they are all coded.

So to review, you can't unlock that ECU with any equipment from the old immobiliser set up.

You need to either buy an unlocked ECU or entust the help of a helpful local with a Phase 2 6. You can then plug in the immobiliser (black box), hold your key chip near the receiver and plug in your ECU. Then have the ignition turned on and remove the ECU, it will then be unlocked

Alternatively you can wire in the immobiliser box straight to the ECU along with the key reciever. Then unplug the immobiliser when it has an igniton switched live and you'll get the same result. Wouldn't attempt that unless your handy with wiring though as it's quite involved

(Don't throw your old box away, just a figure of speech, you may need it for your alarm Roll eyes )

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 05:46
kezman7

Senior User

Post #42
Should the engine still turn over without the ECU plugged in? As mine does??
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 18:17
kezman7

Senior User

Post #43
And mine has a clifford aftermarket alarm fitted but would this have been wired into the original one? As in if i just leave the yellow and other plug off will it still work
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 18:18
gti-si

Regular

Post #44
Yeah, the ECU just won't allow a spark or injections. You'll still get fuel priming in the rail. Your clifford probably isn't wired in to the old but I don't have a clue about alarms, so it could well be. I doubt you'll have to worry about that.

Just get your ECU unlocked = problem solved

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 18:29
kezman7

Senior User

Post #45
Am going to, not fussed about imobiliser as my alarm has one buit in aswell i think, i was told when u bought the car anyway.

Thanks for help people!
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 18:30

Pages (2): 1 [2]