displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: 205 gti-6
steaming_bat

Post #1
i have read a few threads, not seen anything about it. so hear goes...
i bought a 1.6 gti about 2 years ago, a g reg one. i had a complete gti-6 engine,loom,g/box etc. and fitted it quite quickly. i found that the master cylinder fouled the engine, but nobody has said about this in their conversions on this forum. also, i really wanted to keep a six speed box, but found the gti-6 driveshafts way too long, can i keep it?
also, the radiator from the 306 did not fit, so how or rather what cooling pipes should be used to attatch a rad to the engine.
i ran out of space in the end and had to pull it all out again and scrap the car.
i still have all the bits from the gti-6 and want to do it again, so if anyone can tell me what i need to do this conversion, and if i can keep the box then please let me know.
cheers guys/girls.
Posted 6th Aug 2009 at 13:18
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
you can keep the 6 box but in my opinion it isnt worth it as the turning circle is crap. i believe you can run 1.9 driveshafts with the 6 gearbox. tbh your better off with a 5 speed xsara vts or mi16 gearbox

ref the master cyclinder, some people have trouble some dont. mines fine, you can either trim the camcover,angle the m/c up with washers or change the lower engine mount.

rad wise use the standard 205 one, im using a nissens 205 alloy rad in mine. only problem with using the 205 rad is the top hose outlet is a different angle so you can either cut it and fit a 90 degree samco hose like i did but now i think you can buy the proper adaptor to use the 8v top hose.

hope this helps
ash

welcome to btw

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 6th Aug 2009 at 16:02
springs

Regular

Post #3
there have been a few adapters build that can help with some of the problems. A 306 - 205 thermostat adapter has been build which means you can use the 205 rad, rad hose and connector. there is also a heater matrix/header tank pipe which helps as well
Posted 6th Aug 2009 at 16:30
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
for a 5 speed 205 box use 205 shafts, for a later 5 speed or 6 speed use 205 shafts with the 6 speed or later 5 speed NS inner cv cup.

rad - 205 gti, mod the 306 top hose to suit using a connector tube and samco or pipes that will do the job

Make a downpipe to fit once you have the engine in and where you want it

306 throttle cable

306 heater matrix pipes, you can T into the lower one from header tank

bolt the battery box down then you can run the ecu where it should be

block the existing hole in bulkhead for wiring and run the wiring through the grommit on bulkhead behind battery, this make things much tider and keeps wiring away from exhaust. Wiring goes to 205 fuse box which is right there too.

Get a rev counter loom to make 205 dash work and then get an s16 oil pressure sensor to make pressure gauge work in 205

Posted 6th Aug 2009 at 23:13
pugsta78

Junior User

Post #5
YOUD BE FAR BETTER OFF JOINING 205GTIDRIVERS FOR INFO ON THIS MATE, THERES A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE CONVERSION AS ITS BEEN DONE SO MANY TIMES. YOU ALLREADY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED, THE 205 COOLANT PIPES CAN ALL BE USED JUST BLANK THE TOP RIGHT HOSE OFF ON THE HEADER AND FIT A HIGHER PRESSURE CAP WHILE YOUR AT IT.THE 205 RAD WILL WORK FINE AS WILL THE 205 SHAFTS, AS FOR THE MASTER CYLINDER IT VARYS FROM CAR TO CAR SOME WILL FIT SWEET AS A NUT SOME WILL NEED THE CAM COVER TO BE CUT OUT A TOUCH OR AND THE ROCKER COVER GRINDED SLIGHTLY. THE 6BOX CAN BE KEPT BUT ID ADVISE AGAINST IT, THE TURN IN IS SHITE AND YOU,LL GET FAR BETTER ACCELERATION OFF OTHER BOXES LIKE THE MI BOX IS A FAVOURITE OR THE XSARA VTS, OR EVEN THE 1.6GTI DEPENDS ON PERSONAL PREFERANCE AND WHAT YOUR GOING TO BE USING IT FOR?? ANYWAY HOPE THAT HELPS IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO GET OVER TO THE 205 FORUM OR DROP ME A PM. I HAVE A 205GTI6 MYSELF AND FAIR PLAY THEYRE RAPID LITTLE CARS. LUKE..
Posted 7th Aug 2009 at 00:05
steaming_bat

Post #6
cheers guys, i really appreciate the help on some of the issues. i will start this probably in oct/nov when i have found a decent 205 to put it in, and i will join 205gtidrivers too thanks like.
richard
Posted 8th Aug 2009 at 13:37
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
pugsta78 wrote:
YOUD BE FAR BETTER OFF JOINING 205GTIDRIVERS FOR INFO ON THIS MATE, THERES A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE CONVERSION AS ITS BEEN DONE SO MANY TIMES. YOU ALLREADY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED, THE 205 COOLANT PIPES CAN ALL BE USED JUST BLANK THE TOP RIGHT HOSE OFF ON THE HEADER AND FIT A HIGHER PRESSURE CAP WHILE YOUR AT IT.THE 205 RAD WILL WORK FINE AS WILL THE 205 SHAFTS, AS FOR THE MASTER CYLINDER IT VARYS FROM CAR TO CAR SOME WILL FIT SWEET AS A NUT SOME WILL NEED THE CAM COVER TO BE CUT OUT A TOUCH OR AND THE ROCKER COVER GRINDED SLIGHTLY. THE 6BOX CAN BE KEPT BUT ID ADVISE AGAINST IT, THE TURN IN IS SHITE AND YOU,LL GET FAR BETTER ACCELERATION OFF OTHER BOXES LIKE THE MI BOX IS A FAVOURITE OR THE XSARA VTS, OR EVEN THE 1.6GTI DEPENDS ON PERSONAL PREFERANCE AND WHAT YOUR GOING TO BE USING IT FOR?? ANYWAY HOPE THAT HELPS IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO GET OVER TO THE 205 FORUM OR DROP ME A PM. I HAVE A 205GTI6 MYSELF AND FAIR PLAY THEYRE RAPID LITTLE CARS. LUKE..

no need to shout Razz

Team allesclar ®

Posted 8th Aug 2009 at 14:11
spiky

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
i may be able to help with your wiring too Big grin

any questions, fire away Big grin

Do you need a 205 > 306 gti6 plug and go engine loom? PM ME

TORQUES for all your braided fuel line needs

MY YouTube Videos'

SUPERCHARGED 205 GTI6.... are you Fooking nuts!.... ummmm YIP Smile

268+BHP and 860kg = FUN
Posted 8th Aug 2009 at 22:12
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
I just bought a J plate 205 yesterday for this conversion. It is a just gti's car so has mint body work but it hasn't been run in the last 3 years. Perfect for a conversion me thinks, especially as it only cost me 750 quid with 4 extra speedlines!!
Can't wait to start it but haven't got a clue what to do so no doubt will be annoying everyone on here and 205drivers with plenty of dumb questions!!

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 10th Aug 2009 at 16:02
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Spiky, loving the video's on you tube. would you be able to sort me out with a loom at a later date and what's the damage?

Thanks

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 10th Aug 2009 at 16:04
spiky

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
gman wrote:
Spiky, loving the video's on you tube. would you be able to sort me out with a loom at a later date and what's the damage?

Thanks

cheers dude Big grin

yeah can sort your loom

are you sending me your 205 and 206 looms?

or me supplying?

Do you need a 205 > 306 gti6 plug and go engine loom? PM ME

TORQUES for all your braided fuel line needs

MY YouTube Videos'

SUPERCHARGED 205 GTI6.... are you Fooking nuts!.... ummmm YIP Smile

268+BHP and 860kg = FUN
Posted 29th Aug 2009 at 18:13