displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: GTI 6 Refurb and Revival
dollop

Junior User

Post #1
Hey all

First of all Hi Everyone I've been absent from the forums for quite a while now but now I'm back with plans for the 6!

Basically I now have a Clio RSI as a run-around which was too cheap not to buy giving me transport while I give the 6 some TLC and tweaking! Big grin

The car is on 113k engine only on 80k and runs fine! The clutch is due rplacing and cam seal leaking a bit and an oil leak somewhere else so gonna lift the engine out and give it a once over etc.

The car has 17" Kahns, cat-back scorpion exhaust system, lowered and K&N, The exterior is otherwise standard as is the interior! Drivers seat could do with replacing as is quite worn and the passenger seat has a cigarette burn so I'm looking out for a good pair of front seats! For those of you who may of seen the pics I posted of it last year or saw me driving around when I lived in Bristol the Reg is R991 FWK and is Black!

I want to have the car resprayed the same colour to tidy it up as its had filler in the past which has cracked and is covered in stone chips and a few parking dents! I am keen to keep the exterior standard but welcome any suggestions for discreet mods I could do outside the car!!!!!!!!!!????????????

I would like to have it Cammed and Chipped and a ported & polished head and an exhaust system that would give me optimum power, can anyone suggest the best Cams to use and whatever other components to improve HP and best suppliers etc. bearing in mind I want to keep the car Naturally Aspirated!

Also If anyone knows of a rear bumper for sale I would appreciate as the moulding for the tailpipe has melted as the previous owner didn't hang the exhaust correctly!

Will post some pics soon and any suggestions of what i could do to the car would be appreciated as I have a open mind as to what to do in all!

Cheers Guys

Leigh
Posted 3rd Aug 2009 at 04:28
mark-house

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
If you want to increase the HP and Cam it you will probably need to look at the other internals i.e. pistons and rods due to valve clearance.

Peugeot 306 GTi 6
BMW 320 td compact M-sport
1967 Mini Cooper
1990 Jaguar XJR 4.0
Posted 3rd Aug 2009 at 04:31
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
There is a bumper for sale down in Exter in the For Sale forum, but its a body kit one.

Post up progress pics

Spanner Monkeys Monkey Spanner
Forum Search Clicky
Posted 4th Aug 2009 at 18:34