displaying posts 51 to 75 of 280

Pages (12): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Custom Cages at discount rates!
rikky 🦔

Post #51

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:18
rikky 🦔

Post #52
.. so no, i don't need any discount thanks dave, i bought mine weeks ago LOL

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:19
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
I even had to re-bend the tube across the tunnel to the main hoop as it was and inch too short on either side, I don't know how they managed that, as the only thing it had to fit to was the main hoop, that they made to start with...

Been a few niggles and curse words, be a good cage when it's done though. Yes

See, I did put some fireblanket and cardboard down so we didn't scratch your fancy paint too much...Razz
So much for the secret project thread LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:23
rikky 🦔

Post #54
yep. rolling = working, so it doesn't even need to come out again..

Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:22
bono

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
are you having the bars going to the front turrets too?

///M5
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Yes
Least you can see what you're getting in the kit now Big grin

You've shown our secret fancy new soft touch floor Shock

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #57
rikky wrote:
.. so no, i don't need any discount thanks dave, i bought mine weeks ago LOL

Did you get any discount for ordering two at the same time? I found Customs to be very tight in that respect, wanted 10+ cages ordered before they would talk about knocking any money off! Shock

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:29
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
They're pretty cheap for the amount of tube in there already really, but then the tube isn't Clubman 500 or similar, it's that cheaper french CDS from the same place that does the aero shape T63 looking at it, just as strong but not very ductile - but either way I can't see them making masses of profit off the cage itself.

Email me!
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:31
rikky 🦔

Post #59
no i didnt ask for discount. however i will be asking to be reimbursed for 2x front hoops at the very minimum to cover costs. get them to chuck in some lucozade too

Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
I think you'll just get 'that's how they are, tough', but worth a shot, as they're nothing like the diagram, they've got two extra kinks Blink

Email me!
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 19:36
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #61
With your lovely 'level' workshop floor you will easily be able to do alignment checking of suspension/chassis etc. LOL Bet it's lovely when it rains! Whistle

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 20:46
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
Looks like Jim has a lot of work to do x 2 Ninja
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 23:04
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #63
chris with a pug wrote:

Sad

Harness bars
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 23:04
jimmy_boy

Senior User

Post #64
Bloody hell.. Oh well better crack on with it Mellow

GTI-6 & Rallye

Rallye gets sideways in the wet at Snetterton Ninja
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 23:18
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
daveyboy wrote:
chris with a pug wrote:

Sad

Dont be sad u love it really!!!
Ill make the sandwiches
Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 23:25
rikky 🦔

Post #66
i've spoke to custom cages and my problem will be looked at tomorrow with a bit of luck...

Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 00:22
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
daveyboy wrote:
With your lovely 'level' workshop floor you will easily be able to do alignment checking of suspension/chassis etc. LOL Bet it's lovely when it rains! Whistle

LOL 'S fine, it's planings so doesn't get damp, we did have a nice epoxy concrete floor but sold the yard the little workshop was in, so we just chopped the legs off and shifted it LOL

Everything else fits with the cage Rikky, 's all tacked up now bar the gusset plates, the roof and windscreen bars fit the new a-pillar hoops better than the originals Blink

Email me!
Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 03:49
rikky 🦔

Post #68
sent them an email before anyway outlining my concerns LOL

nice one, pics pics pics via pm if you do take any more Hyper

how does the wiper motor look? like it's been squashed in bed by a fat bird or what? Unsure

Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 04:19
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
Haven't put it back under yet, looks like it'll just clear, hopefully.

Email me!
Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 04:23
bono

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
i shall get you some more pics today!

///M5
Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 14:08
rikky 🦔

Post #71
you lot will love this..

they are all off the same measurements/jig so every one made is wrong apparently.. they will rectify it from now on. i am still out of pocket though and "should have contacted them and they'd have sorted it", they weren't open at midnight on saturday though and i'd have missed my slot for fitting and also other work. great!

phillip any chance you can make a fancy shape out of them two hoops or what? or just something, anything.. a small chair or table or something?

having said that DHamptons pic looks like his bars are flatter but can't work it out 100% from the pics

Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 17:19
bono

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
hold your horses rikky, just off to get pics(and dominos) now!

///M5
Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 17:22
rikky 🦔

Post #73
ok Big grin i did say you thought yours weren't as bad but at a guess it is amended every few years as a design anyway Unsure i can't see my cage being identical to yours considering mine was made last month and yours about 10yrs ago Unsure

ps pic of wiper motor?? Laugh my ass off

Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 17:24
dhampton

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
Rikky could you do some quick measurements whenever you get a chance and I'll check?

Clio 182 FF 306 Rallye (track) 306 Gti-6 Megane R26 Clio 172 Cup (track) 106 Rallye S2 (track) 306 Rallye Saxo VTR 106 Zest2
Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 17:33
rikky 🦔

Post #75
i can't until i'm back up at phil's, depends what you need to know, phil might know? you'll be able to tell i'd have thought just lying the hoops on their side and looking at the lift on them compared to mine

am a bit annoyed it's always me some problem lands on and i end up footing the cost, it's the story of my life completely Dry

you can use them as they are, just, it's not right..

Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 17:37

Pages (12): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last