displaying posts 276 to 280 of 280

Pages (12): first .. 10 11 [12]

Author Subject: Custom Cages at discount rates!
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #276
I was tempted to have a crack at it myself.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 01:49
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #277
If your confident go for it, but it is a pain, but at least you know its done right. I would invest in a tube notcher though, I think frosts sell them and have a look at mine project thread and also Ricky's will give you some pointers
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 02:10
rikky 🦔

Post #278
they aren't just bolt-in cages where anyone can do it, i'd seriously recommend someone like phil or a proper welder/someone who knows the ins & outs of the cage spec and reasoning behind things or who preps cars for a job, as it'll pay off to get it fitted right. no point just getting something like these cages half-arsed put in

my project thread is gone but i have photos of mine somewhere i could provide if necessary, although mine wqas massively altered and changed from the Custom Cages spec anyway - it was remade in T45 closer to the shell and stitch-welded to it, roof bars added, side impact bars adjusted and also brought out more, and gussets added to them aswell

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 03:48
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #279
Shit, he knows where I live Shock

I'm gonna have to go away for a couple of months while he fits it.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 06:24
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #280
Afraid you won't be able to Phill, there may be some blaze heap of poo blocking your cars in with a load of unwelded bars sat inside and an envelope full of cash Laugh

It will be a while before i'm ready for a cage yet though i think, i wouldnt mind getting some 4 pots first and doing a few more suspension tweaks.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 11:53

Pages (12): first .. 10 11 [12]