displaying posts 251 to 275 of 280

Pages (12): first .. 10 [11] 12

Author Subject: Custom Cages at discount rates!
rikky 🦔

Post #251
Dry Flip

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 00:53
puglover Banned!

Post #252
LOL
Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 01:05
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #253
Quick update, my car should be back with me on Wednesday with a kit of tubes in it ready to fit. They have made their adjustments to the bends etc. Current lead times are at 10 days from date of order for the rest of you and the 10% discount is still secured. Thumbs up

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 22:29
puglover Banned!

Post #254
so how do i order and get the 10 percent off??
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 22:19
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #255
puglover wrote:
so how do i order and get the 10 percent off??

Contact Kevin at CC, tell him who you are and that you are in on the Jim Davey/ Phill from Regal group buy and you want your cage at the agreed discounted rate. SimplesBig grin

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 22:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #256
Plenty of pictures needed of your then Jim, we'll expect it fitted by Thursday evening Whistle

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 22:49
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #257
phillipm wrote:
Plenty of pictures needed of your then Jim, we'll expect it fitted by Thursday evening Whistle

I expect I could throw them all in there and have a few random tacks on it by then too, in straight and fully welded however, thats another story...LOL

Harness bars
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 22:55
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #258
Can you PM me your numper Phill? I will need to ask a few questions as to the order I weld the tubes so I don't end up with any inaccessible joints. Somehow I expect the instructions from CC to be a little vague.

Harness bars
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 22:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #259
Get the front bulkhead holes in for the strut bracing first, tack the main cage together to make sure it all fits up, then break the rear half off at the tacks, take the mounting plates out and weld up the a-pillar/main hoop connections.
You might have to break the tacks on the door cross to get the hoop to flex in order to get it back on the plates, but that doesn't really matter by then anyway, you can get to those anyway.

And don't forget to sink the two rear tubes through the boot floor to the beam, you'll need to fettle the holes out above the rear beam bolts with a die grinder, but they should drop all the way down to the beam mount to reinforce the rear suspension - I've seen two now where they've just been welded on top of the rearmost gusset plates - you'll see what I mean when you're putting it together.

Personally, once the a-pillars were welded to the hoop, I pushed the entire thing back a little further than the mounts onto where the rear seats sit, and tilted it slightly, so we could weld the front of the windscreen bar easier, but then it's quite a big torch tip on our MIG, you might be able to get in with something a touch smaller, bit more welding kit on hand I suspect LOL

The upside is we could then weld the chassis plates for the hoop in without the hoop being in the way, then shuffle the cage forwards until it met the plates, and tilt it back to where it should be with the aid of a nice 8lb rawhide mallet, which meant it is tight up against the b-pillars and the roof.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 23:15
rikky 🦔

Post #260
dave jim if you need any pics pm me and i will take some for you if you struggle

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 23:10
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #261
Cheers Phill Thumbs up

Harness bars
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 23:10
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #262
You know where I am if there's anything else LOL

Email me!
Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 01:55
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #263
So your not going to get the hump with them any more then?
Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:24
rikky 🦔

Post #264
Think he means he'll offer support but won't tackle the fitting again. Ever. Never ever.

Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:27
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #265
I ment Jim, at the pub last night he was moaning and swearing about custom not returning his calls.
Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:28
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #266
LOL

Think Rikky had some fun with their customer service too...

Email me!
Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:36
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #267
I just think its engineers in genral, the place i sent by head too where a pain in the arse too
Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:38
rikky 🦔

Post #268
Your own fault for using hifail heads LOL

Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:46
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #269
LOL please dont swear at me, it was a local machinist thank you
Posted 25th Jul 2009 at 03:47
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #270
I resorted to a snotty email in the end and that seemed to get me a response, it was unfortunate to have to do that though because once on the phone they were very helpful, shame it took four days of calling to finally speak to the guy I needed.

Harness bars
Posted 7th Aug 2009 at 04:11
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #271
So whats happening with this?

Can we put a deadline of 12/8/09 so a week tomorrow?

Hope this enough notice for everyone!
Posted 5th Aug 2009 at 01:03
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #272
Holy thread bumpage, does anyone know if CC have sorted out the challenge cage these days?

Goldie the track car.
Posted 26th Jun 2011 at 22:49
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #273
LOL look at all the threads.

Mine was a ball ache to do, and Phillip has said he wont touch them now as they are a pain, if you want one get them to fit it
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 00:36
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #274
Have you seen how much their website says it will cost for them to fit it? £1616.90 + VAT Blink

I don't have that sort of money Sad

Goldie the track car.
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 01:17
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #275
Who is going to fit it?
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 01:37

Pages (12): first .. 10 [11] 12