displaying posts 26 to 32 of 32

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: How to avoid stone chips?
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
im quite sure i saw carbon effect ones Whistle

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 2nd Jul 2009 at 01:12
hman205

Regular

Post #27
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/19/2-guys-an-audi-s4-blue-tape-and-the-coolest-road-trip-ever/

or get it wrapped

Another Broken one

Posted 17th Jul 2009 at 19:05
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
could put a bonnet bra on it, but to be honest id rather have stone chips than drive round with one on. other than this they are pretty unavoidable.

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 17th Jul 2009 at 19:09
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
hman205 wrote:
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/19/2-guys-an-audi-s4-blue-tape-and-the-coolest-road-trip-ever/

or get it wrapped

hah! thats quailty!

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 17th Jul 2009 at 19:12
mark-vts

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Well, after 2.5k miles, she's still stone chip free. What's 0 x 20? 0! So I will never get any... Blink LOL

Xsara VTS > 265BHP WRX > Company car
Remember; only TWATS use text speak
Posted 17th Jul 2009 at 19:18
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
was enjoying my recently cleaned Bianca in the sun and noticed a significant increase in the number of stonechips on front bumper but more annoyingly on the bonnet. i can only put this down to my incessant need to slipstream..!

just wondering;

1) instead of painting them in with special touch up paint (Halfords do a 306 Biance White StoneChip touch up Pen) has anyone tried T-cut. heard this works a treat?

2) what wax (besides the wheel wax someone suggested here) do ppl coat their bonnets with to make it stronger and more resistance to stonechips
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 16:38
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
billyboy99 wrote:
was enjoying my recently cleaned Bianca in the sun and noticed a significant increase in the number of stonechips on front bumper but more annoyingly on the bonnet. i can only put this down to my incessant need to slipstream..!

just wondering;

1) instead of painting them in with special touch up paint (Halfords do a 306 Biance White StoneChip touch up Pen) has anyone tried T-cut. heard this works a treat?

2) what wax (besides the wheel wax someone suggested here) do ppl coat their bonnets with to make it stronger and more resistance to stonechips

T-Cut does bugger all when you have a clear coat on top of the paint. It can help reduce the appearance of light scratches but nothing to help chips.

I covered my bonnet in a sealant called "matt black paint". All my stone chips disappeared immediately Yes

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 16:52

Pages (2): 1 [2]