displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Right Pads??
carbonfibre

Regular

Post #1
Afternoon all.

Could some kindly person help?

I went to GSF in Exeter today to get front discs & pads. The discs are Brembo Vented jobbies (GSF No: N60132) and I know they're correct.

The pads (GSF No: N64031) look too small to me and don't seem to sweep across enough of the disc, if i fited them they look like they would leave a lip inside AND out. Have they given me the wrong ones? They're Lucas fitment Bendix pads & it says on the box they fit Berlingo, Xsara, 306, Partner. Part no is 425155.

Don't go shopping for car bits with a 2 year old girl. The best moment was at the counter: "daddy, I've done a poo". Appreciated by staff & customers alike.

Any advice much appreciated - to do with brake pads, that is....Wink

Hens teeth rocking horse poo Cossack Ph1.3
Posted 15th Jun 2009 at 20:38
GTI-6

Regular

Post #2
how'd you go mate?
Im trying to find the right pads all round for my 6. Im out in Aus, so nobody is much help Sad
service box says part number 4251.43
for the front and
part number 4252.71
for the rear. Can't find corresponding pads. It's a '99 phase 2/3. Lucas calipers front and bendix rear.

current front pads have fm380 and rear are textar 428ff.
Thinking of mintex pads or similar. Not too happy with the textar ones, dont seem to like excess heat Big grin

any ideas? It's a daily drive, so not keen to have it up on stands waiting while the halfords equivalent out here pick their noses and scratch their arses!

cheers!

Love thy 6
Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 11:04