displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: bleeding brakes
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
is there a faq on how to bleed the brakes mine are a bit spongey, cant seem to find one .

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 23rd May 2009 at 15:32
blondie

Dirty Diesel Pro

Post #2
Faq

A 306 EnthusiastWink
phillipm wrote:

But diesel is the devils fuel Devil

Ps3 IDRazzhils306

“S-H-I-T-H-O-L-E.. Shithole!”

Posted 23rd May 2009 at 17:05
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I disagree with the FAQ about the Gunsons Eezibleed kit. Just make sure the spare tyre is 20psi and not 36psi.

I would get a Gunsons 'Eezibleed' brake bleed kit which uses the pressure from a partly inflated spare tyre. You will need a foot pump after doing the two rear calipers or the tyre might run out of pressure.

Twist the eezibleed cap on to the brake fluid reservoir. connect the eezibleed airline to the tyre. test for leaks. disconnect the tyre and fillup the eezibleed container with brake fluid. reconnect the tyre.

Starting at the rear callipers take an 8mm spanner and place it over the rear caliper bleed nipple (i think it is the rear right side first). attach a plastic pipe and stick it in a suitable container. undo the bleed nipple ... repeat for the other rear caliper. at this stage use a foot pump to pump the tyre back up to 20lbs. For the fronts take an 11mm spanner and repeat the bleeding process.

And don't try and bleed the brakes when it is windy! Doh

Another FAQ

Posted 25th May 2009 at 14:42
rikky 🦔

Post #4
personally i would never put air near the brakes whatsoever. i bled my brakes at weekend, girlfriend in the car doing the pedal, me outside under the cars wheels, 10 min job with a simple one man kit with the clear tube and plastic tub with ballbearing in the bottom of the hose

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 26th May 2009 at 02:01
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Agree with rikky, though there may be nothing wrong with using those kits, I have much more confidence in the brakes knowing that I've done them without using air pressurisation, even if it takes ages.

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 28th May 2009 at 20:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Those kits are fantastic if you use them properly Yes

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 28th May 2009 at 20:59
chas

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I've used the Gunsons kits a fair few times with no issues.

What I can suggest to do is to make sure that you have a fair bit of fluid in the container, and that where the Eezibleed cap goes onto the reservior, make sure that it has PTFE tape where the two join, and you should bleed it out no problems at all Smile.

Ex Owner of 2000 Phase 3 306 GTi 6 China Blue - You shall be missed

1974 Triumph Stag
1989 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6
2003 Alfa Romeo 147 JTD Lusso
2005 Mondeo Ghia X 3.0 Estate LPG
Posted 2nd Jun 2009 at 18:46
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
ive always bled the brakes starting from the furthest from the reservoir and working my way up to the nearest, on the 306 and most other cars thats left rear, right rear, left front then right front.

but as there a split system should i really be doing it by doing 1 system at a time, for example left rear then front right followed by the other system and doing rear right then front left?

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 16:12
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
right front is much further away from the mc than left.....

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 17:20
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #10
welshpug! wrote:
right front is much further away from the mc than left.....

Literally, or pipe length?

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 18:02
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #11
in the context of bleeding Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 18:11
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
howcome?
if its the pipe length then mine is much shorter than the genuine factory fitted one.

whats the story about working in the pairs that make up the 2 way system?
eg, left rear is on the same system as the right rear and the sane for the other 2.
should it be done this way or not?ive heard and read a few times that you sh````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 23:30
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
if your wondering what happened above, i fell asleep at the keyboard, felt like it was ages but cant be no longer than 45 seconds or less than 30, is that what you call a microsleep?
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 23:33
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
im off to bed LOL

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 23:34