displaying posts 151 to 160 of 160

Pages (7): first .. 5 6 [7]

Author Subject: XU on R1 Bodies with video
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #151
i like the look of these, my mate had a 6 with this set up on but i didnt get a chance to see it go as the bottom end was gone when he bought it, fixed ita then he sold it Sad

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 6th Aug 2010 at 12:25
tannerman

Senior User

Post #152
did yanni ever put the gains he got on the forum??

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BUM FLUFF
Posted 7th Aug 2010 at 15:46
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #153
No

Which means it either made no difference or was a step backwards, Yanni was already running a pretty decent setup before the conversion. He's started another project now and seems to sidestep questions about this so it doesn't look hopeful.

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 8th Aug 2010 at 02:48
tannerman

Senior User

Post #154
thats a shame...im trying to find a cheap decent mod for my engine and i thought this would be it

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BUM FLUFF
Posted 8th Aug 2010 at 02:57
jonny b

Post #155
damn good read that bud well done cant wait to get my set up fitted
Posted 13th Aug 2010 at 01:07
yanni

Regular

Post #156
Hello guys. It has been a long time since but hey i am back and i intent to stay....

I bring up this thread once more just to give some answers to your questions.

The R1 set-up DID work at the end with no trouble what's so ever... Power gains wasn't phenomenal but to be honest i did expect that.
Before the bodies the engine in my car was running at 197bhp on the fly and if i remember correct was at 21lb.ft (184bhp on the wheels) over the standard 167bhp power and 145lb.ft. After fitting the bodies and several test's on the RR it return 239bhp and 23.8lb.ft and i remember these numbers very very well because we where trying all day to brake the 240 barrier and it was impossible!!! I do believe that i still have the printout form the RR somewhere if only i can manage to find it. But take my word on it i have no reason to lie about!!!
I used the car after for about 5 months as a daily commute and at some point latter on i did return it back to normal. That had nothing to do with the function of the bodies or the performance on the engine.
The main and only reason for that was the fuel consumption. Before that it return around 9ltr/100km and the liter of petrol here was 0.65Euros (that should be 2.5E/gallon). After the conversion consumption wend up at 13ltr/100km and after some time the price of the petrol climbed above the 1.4E/litre ( 4.5E/Gallon) so there was no point on having a car that i can't use.

Mind you all and don't get me wrong i did what i did as a project. What i mean is that i wasn't planing to make the perfect conversion that will return massive power and gain with just a small price. Plus as some of you had said correctly it all depends in the condition of the engine the mileage and the work that the engine has.

I am NOT trying to put off anyone from doing that and i know that someone can do a lot better than i did.

From know on i will be around and that is a promise so if i can provide any further help don't hesitate to ask.

Yanni. Thumbs up

Major stock holder of group P.S.A.
I live to pay and support the French industry.
Posted 17th Aug 2011 at 18:16
yanni

Regular

Post #157
I would like to add also the following.

Some of you asked me over that time if i will make any plenum's for the bike set-up. I have finished some sketches on solid-works of a new plenum set-up that is more of a plug and play fit. Also that new set-up can be used on any bike-body layout. So at the moment i am waiting for a rough estimate of cost before i start a small batch of these.
Forgive me forum admin as that should go on the for sale section but at the moment i would like to gauge on interest only to see if its worth going further.
You can start a list here or mail me if you like and i will give you an update by the end of the week for the price.

Yanni Roll eyes

Major stock holder of group P.S.A.
I live to pay and support the French industry.
Posted 17th Aug 2011 at 18:26
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #158
I can't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread and its not too easy to see from the pictures but can you confirm that the rubber hose that links all 4 bodies with 2 outputs connect to the FPR, and the other one splits and goes to the brake vacuum pump and the brown solenoid which goes to the charcoal cannister?

Cheers.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 17th Sep 2011 at 23:52
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #159
That's what I did and it was working fine Yes

Yanni I had trouble with pedal travel though, was getting WOT on the bodies but pedal travel in the car was only about half way for WOT. Also I had to try and figure out a return spring mechanism to the butterflies as the R1 setup is a two cable system with push/pull action, I couldn't get them to snap back fully shut without blipping the throttle. Did you experience anything similar?

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 18th Sep 2011 at 13:05
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #160
Cheers Chris. Thumbs up

I have some 5PW bodies which im working on, but im pretty sure mine is just a pull style cable for throttle, all the bodies have return springs to close the butterflies, so when all connected theres plenty of force trying to close them from all the springs.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 18th Sep 2011 at 13:36

Pages (7): first .. 5 6 [7]