displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Engine Trouble Still
swervin_mervin

Regular

Post #1
Finally got round to replacing tyres and tracking and now the Mrs VTS rides beautifully again.

However, when there I noticed oil leaking at a reasonable rate from the oil temp sensor in the sump. Easy job to do I assume?

Secondly, it still has a cutting out/warning lights issue. Sometimes it cuts out when dipping the clutch when the engine is hot. Replaced IACV to no benefit. However, when it does cut out it flashes up loads of warning lights.

WHat I also noticed when I got home is that I dipped the clutch to select reverse, the warning lights came on but it didn't cut out. So once parked I tried revving it. Between 1-2krpm it beeped at me. Above that though and the lights disappeared and it returned to normal.

So anyone any ideas as to what the hell is going on? It's always when the engine has been running a fair while that this happens, when it gets properly hot.

*Edited to change the title to something more obvious.
Posted 12th May 2009 at 18:21
swervin_mervin

Regular

Post #2
Bumpety for a very old post! Mrs car has started cutting out again. Since the original post though the oil temp sensor in the sump has been replaced.

So now it has new IACV and new oil temp sensor. What's next in the list of things to replace to chase the issue?

Coolant temp sensor? MAF (or whatever it is that it has - I can't remember)?
Posted 26th Apr 2010 at 20:36
swervin_mervin

Regular

Post #3
Come to think of it, I'm thinking MAP. She's said it's wheezy and cuts out when cold or warm, and that it seems down on power.

I also noticed that the exhaust is getting black quickly.
Posted 27th Apr 2010 at 05:03