displaying posts 1 to 25 of 34

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: 205 gti 1.9 refurb.
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I know its abit late in the day but thought I would stick these photos up as i had a near completion day of my sorrento money pit.

I bought this car 3 years ago and when I collected it from gloucester the 3rd owner was using it as a storage table and as such was slightly worse for wear....
2 years and about 3 visits to the paint shop its has had a fortnight of pampering resulting in todays pictures.
pic below how its been the past 18 months abandoned and abused!!!

Having sold my rallye to wickerman i have decided to spend some of the wonga on it and have treated it to new headlights, indicators,genuine fit valeo fogs, a complete set of genuine peugeot door wing and quarter trims inserts, front and rear bumpers, new badge set, reconditioned 1.9 alloys new toyo t1rs all round discs pads, and a few repairs to the drivers and passenger seats, a few stitches only, but what a bummer to get off. Just needs sunroof trims, drivers side mirror, some rear bumper bolts rear spoiler and rear wash wipe arm aeriel.. and MOTing and taxing before its on the road, oh and a cambelt doing tomorrow afternoon when i get up!!!!

sorry for quality of pictures blazing sunshine and phone camera!!!

will try and do a propper project thread as I am thinking about dropping a six into it!!!!! sacriledge???

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 30th Apr 2009 at 17:24
wicker man

Senior User

Post #2
oooooh very nice andy have you tryed autofive for the bits your after were always the god of gti's when i had mine

Posted 30th Apr 2009 at 15:41
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
wicker man wrote:
oooooh very nice andy have you tryed autofive for the bits your after were always the god of gti's when i had mine

got all the bits they are just not to hand... will have to start my miami blue project this week.... so this one may well go up for sale too.. got to get some of them gone so if any one wants a maimi blue rolling shell in really good nick j or l reg pm me fast.. hope the rallye is making you smile... how long to ireland??

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 30th Apr 2009 at 16:30
captaink

Senior User

Post #4
Very nice mate. Always good to see a 205 being restored - I have one too with a GTi6 engine in it. Goes very well and I have the GTi6 brakes and suspension too. However, I'm trying to keep my 205 (originally a 1.9 gti) looking as standard as possible but with the uprated brakes / suspensio / engine hidden underneath. Cool

When I got home last night, my G/F demanded that I take her somewhere expensive - so, I took her to a petrol station.

1993 L reg 205 with GTi6 engine and GTi6 brakes
1995 M reg FTO GPX manual
Posted 30th Apr 2009 at 16:38
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
captaink wrote:
Very nice mate. Always good to see a 205 being restored - I have one too with a GTi6 engine in it. Goes very well and I have the GTi6 brakes and suspension too. However, I'm trying to keep my 205 (originally a 1.9 gti) looking as standard as possible but with the uprated brakes / suspensio / engine hidden underneath. Cool
CANT WAIT TO GET IT MOTEEED.....next week
I drove this car for 6k and puk the mileage up to the mid forties and now worried about putting it above 50k as it loooks so much better now than it ever did so trying to resist temptation in using it.... will leave this one totally as standard but have a couple more to work on..

t.com/albums/ss282/yippeekayay/DSC00507.jpg[/IMG]

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 1st May 2009 at 23:37
alastairmoore

Junior User

Post #6
Just Finished my one a few weeks ago

alastairmoore has attached the following image:

00 306 GTi 6 48,000 miles
92 205 GTi 1.9 88,000 Miles
91 205 GTi 1.6 28,000 Miles
94 405 Le Mans 75,000 Miles
95 306 Roland Garros Cabrio
Posted 30th Apr 2009 at 18:22
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
alastairmoore wrote:
Just Finished my one a few weeks ago

nice motor mate....

just been to peugeot bromsgrove and rounded up the last trim clips, number plates lights, found the rear spoiler and front plate hiding in the boot of my miami...so all set for MOT monday. What are these fetching these days...??? need to put the money into my miami and get carl to do a six conversion, but after seeing it so nearly finished and how well it looks will be hard to not sell.
seat covers are back next week, cant wait to get in the go cart.

46k 3 owners full service original dealer plates, tax disc holder and dealer stickers, original spare wheel with michelin mxv(!!!!)thousands spent and mechanically great...3.5 - 4k or is that cloud cuckoo land????

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 1st May 2009 at 23:00
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Well today kkj went for its MOT and passed with a minor arse twitch on the emissions. It started at 6% and Mot pass being 3.5% and with a few twiddles and a shite responding car it passed with an advisory on the ns drop link, which has been ordered today...
So washed it off afters its little hack through the lanes to and form the MOT station and stopped to get a few slightly unfinished shots of it outside of the work shop enviroment but sadly the weather wasnt too good. Just The rear wiper to go back on, another alloy to replace the unpolished one on the rear, sorting next week, and collection of the original seats from the trimmers and remount the covers to the original seats, a inner door handle, mirror trims both sides and put an original stereo back in it then she will be ready to sadly be put up for sale to cover the cost of my 205gti6 miami blue project and create some much needed space in my workshop to get the rallye stripped to donor into my rally track slag... hope some of you approve of it now its 96% there..

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 7th May 2009 at 04:47
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
oh and a new peugeot o/r exhaust to go on. this ones got that parked up and gone rottten rasp and rattle coming on...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 7th May 2009 at 04:45
spike_uk06

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Very nice Love

Team China
Team Pirelli
Team Cracked Bumper
20th Nov 1999 she was born
Posted 7th May 2009 at 05:20
dr-evil

Senior User

Post #11
So thats what a nice ones supposed to look like Roll eyes

Cad Monkey will work for chocolate biscuits....I'm not kidding
Posted 7th May 2009 at 06:19
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Good stuff! Personally I've never been a fan of Sorrento green. 205's should all be cherry, miami, black or white imo Big grin

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 7th May 2009 at 06:34
daviewonder

Regular

Post #13
very nice mate, hope to get mine to that standard some day.

daviewonder has attached the following image:

Why is it that shoe repairers are so good at cutting keys? - Harry Hill.
Posted 7th May 2009 at 06:40
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
24seven wrote:
Good stuff! Personally I've never been a fan of Sorrento green. 205's should all be cherry, miami, black or white imo Big grin

i used to agree partially..... there was only 1 colour, miami.... now there are two, sorrento has grown on me. each to their own, mate told me of a genuine 1.9 in yellow yesterday, anyone know of this being true, genuine colour from peugeot.. might have to make it three colours if thats true....??? car was in bromsgrove worcestershire until recently...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 7th May 2009 at 15:14
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
just found this thread, 3 years ago... sadly missed. Hope its still out there, went to bournemouth I think.

Any one know where it is ??

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 18:33
silky

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Yip

You got any 205's left?

Currently looking for one myself

Cheers
Michael
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 21:13
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
I have the miami blue one in the pics stripped ready to restore. Low mileage standard rebuilt engine and box yo go back in. Have treated all the engine bay to a derust andthe primed it ready for paint....not really for sale as it will be a genuine minter when its finished...

I also have a g plate phase 2 turbo technics 1.9 for sale after pugfest....will put a pic up later. Just dropped it to mek motorsport in Cheltenham to be rolling roaded to set up the new 5TH injector control unit.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 21:23
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #18
Never liked sorrento green but fair play that looks lovely mate Cool

We both know lasers a nicer green though Whistle
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 21:34
silky

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
yippeekayay wrote:
I have the miami blue one in the pics stripped ready to restore. Low mileage standard rebuilt engine and box yo go back in. Have treated all the engine bay to a derust andthe primed it ready for paint....not really for sale as it will be a genuine minter when its finished...

I also have a g plate phase 2 turbo technics 1.9 for sale after pugfest....will put a pic up later. Just dropped it to mek motorsport in Cheltenham to be rolling roaded to set up the new 5TH injector control unit.

Think both of those will be a bit pricey for me
Posted 20th Jun 2012 at 21:38
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
on its way its way to the rolling road yesterday....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 00:23
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=139385&st=0&p=1255972&#entry1255972 my for sale thread on drivers...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 00:43
silky

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
Yeah a bit pricey for me fella, thanks though.

I'm looking for something clean around the £2k area
Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 13:32
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #23
If you want cheap, I have a non sunny GTi shell you can have LOL

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 14:05
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #24
    G is phase 1.5 LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 14:56
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
    I wrote that mei...bloody phone corrections...and thanks sincerely not sarcastically at all but you'll get that being in south wales not north...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 17:26

Pages (2): [1] 2