displaying posts 1 to 19 of 19

Author Subject: Where is engine number?
mater

Post #1
Trying to find the engine number on T plate Rallye. Anyone know where to look?

My other rides a Volvo Turbo Diesel
460bhp
2200nm torque
Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 21:46
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
Hello, and welcome to the Club Wave

The engine number is at the bottom of the front of the engine block just above the sump, to the right of the crankcase breather pipe.

You will more than likely need to wire brush it to make it out, and it's not the easiest of things to get to with the engine in the car.

Rich
Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 21:55
mater

Post #3
Thanks for that. Sounds like a b*tch to get to. Will put it on to do list for another day I think.

460bhp
2200nm torque
Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 21:57
guth

Senior User

Post #4
the vehicle v5?i dunno if its on htere or not though

TEAM BLACK CYCLONES
Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 23:21
mater

Post #5
If only it were that simple. Engine was changed by Wycliffe peugeot (probably the least helpful garage in the known galaxy!) on waaranty . They were unable to provide the number!!

460bhp
2200nm torque
Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 23:32
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
the number is on a small flat part of the engine just above sump and to the right of oil filter/ breather and with a small rub with wire wool you should be able to clear the rust and then hold your camera / phone up to it and take a snap. worked for me on friday

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 29th Mar 2009 at 13:02
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
mater wrote:
If only it were that simple. Engine was changed by Wycliffe peugeot (probably the least helpful garage in the known galaxy!) on waaranty . They were unable to provide the number!!

They've changed pretty recently to new offices, new workshop etc on the main dual carraigeway near newbold rd.

They did my cambelt and MOT for mt in January, gave pretty bloody good service tbh in my experience. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 29th Mar 2009 at 14:03
pugsy77

Senior User

Post #8
Thread revival! But since search is you're friend in here, I have a query about the the said question on this topic.

Few weekends ago, I had a chap come to have a look at my car and was trying to find the Engine Number and I said 'pass' as I didn't know for the life of me of where this would be.

Obviously this thread has now given me an indication and will need to have a look at it over the weekend.

Looking closely at my past history of the car, I found the original receipt for the car(purchased by previous owner from the Peugeot dealer) which declared the engine number and it consists of a 5 numerical reference.
Do all our cars have a 5 numerical reference?

306 RALLYE
Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 05:48
rikky 🦔

Post #9
engine number's longer than that. more like 10 and has letters at the start if i remember rightly. it does say the original engine number on the V5, but up to you to declare a new one to DVLA

i thought it was stamped at the back of the block somewhere or above the oil filter at the front. i found mine anyway and declared the new number regardless

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 13:42
pugsy77

Senior User

Post #10
rikky wrote:
engine number's longer than that. more like 10 and has letters at the start if i remember rightly. it does say the original engine number on the V5, but up to you to declare a new one to DVLA

i thought it was stamped at the back of the block somewhere or above the oil filter at the front. i found mine anyway and declared the new number regardless
Thanks Rikky Big grin

306 RALLYE
Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 20:47
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
A bit of a drag up from the past but does anyone have a photo or can show where this code is I'm looking to change the info on my logbook from engine change but I can't seem to find it in this location all I've found is what looks like a date of manufacture
Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 19:29
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #12
Given nobody else can find it easily I wouldn't bother, the less DVLA involvement you can get away with the better.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 19:37
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Trouble is its in a 205 so need to change it really if it were in a gti6 then that would be a different story
Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 19:43
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #14
unless you have it from the donor's V5 I doubt you will be able to get anything legible, neither is it accessible.

IMO as long as you insure it correctly that's all that matters, its not like a taxation class has changed.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 20:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #15

20140912_194025 by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

as you can see, even cleaned up, you can't see it due to the pitting LOL

20140912_194433 by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 20:35
rikky 🦔

Post #16
even on the v5 it might be wrong if it's had a previous engine swap! I never even give it a thought tbh when I put my 6 lump into my 205. I'll just be declaring it to insurance

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 20:39
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Well I was looking in the wrong place for a start I'll go take a look and see on my spare engine
Thanks

My 205 is still down as a 1.6 as I brought it as a shell its more to get the correct cc on the v5 than the actual engine number but may as well do it all if I can read it
Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 21:10
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
That was easy bit of emery cloth and can read it no problem.

Next question I'm guessing the number I need starts and ends with v ? As the first bit is psa rfs I guess is just clarifying the type
Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 21:09
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Could someone who has there logbook handy please let me know how many digits there are in the engine number please. I have psa then 5 digits and then 9digits under that so not sure whether it's just the bottom row or all of the numbers lol
Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 06:53