displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Servo Problem?
Scrompy

Aka Quagmire83

Post #1
My brakes are really starting to get on my nerves. When I press the pedal it goes about halfway down before you get any decent force and the ABS seems to cut in way too early. (the tyres are fairly new eagle F1's)

I have changed the master cylinder, brake fluid and bled the brakes through correctly 3 times.

When the engine is off the brake pedal goes rock solid but there is a bit of hissing coming from the pedal. Is this normal or could it be a servo issue?

EDIT* The discs and pads are fairly new.

X-Box Live gamertag: Scrompy

PS3 tag: Scrompy

Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 19:53
cact1972

Junior User

Post #2
I have exactly the same prob. New discs and pads. I have changed my master cylinder, vacuum pump and tried another abs pump. I'm mega confused with this one. Did you get yours sorted,also does your pedal slowly sink really low if pressure is kept on, if so please share your findings?
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 14:40
steve954

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
i had a similar problem on my other halfs ford ka, turn out to be one off the pads not seated correctly, scary thing is 4 local ford dealers said the brake pedal was normal.Crazy

stevie
09 308 gt140 cc
03 octavia vrs

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, IT AIN'T A GTI6
Posted 25th Sep 2009 at 04:40
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
This sounded like a servo issue. Maybe a split in the seal? Best off PM'ing Scrompy.

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 25th Sep 2009 at 06:34