displaying posts 76 to 83 of 83

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]

Author Subject: High boost engine build
zac

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
rich_w wrote:

When's it due to be fitted and mapped etc?

Just waiting for the diff' to arrive from Quaife. Ordered it about 3 weeks ago but they didn't have any in stock until the end of the month.

Should hopefully be fully finished before the end of April. I'm keeping the smaller diameter boost piping as Wayne said it will help reduce any potential stalling issues, so it'll be interesting to see what it manages to make.
Worth sacrificing maybe a potential 20hp for the sake of curing the stalling IMO!

Hit the limiter in 6th gear at 169mph (GPS - TomTom on the German autobahn). Still pulling like a train too. Cheers

- Phase 3 GTi-6 (409hp 'charged weekend toy)
- Phase 2.5 Rallye (daily driver)

R.I.P Pete Sims
Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 15:33
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
zac wrote:
rich_w wrote:

When's it due to be fitted and mapped etc?

Just waiting for the diff' to arrive from Quaife. Ordered it about 3 weeks ago but they didn't have any in stock until the end of the month.

Should hopefully be fully finished before the end of April. I'm keeping the smaller diameter boost piping as Wayne said it will help reduce any potential stalling issues, so it'll be interesting to see what it manages to make.
Worth sacrificing maybe a potential 20hp for the sake of curing the stalling IMO!

Good stuff.. it will definitely be worth waiting for the diff.

Are you keeping the smaller Forge intercooler too?

Wayne has spent a fair bit of time working on the stalling issue [caused by the large effective plenum volume] since your low boost conversion was mapped. It's at the stage now where he's pretty much perfected it on Ryan's car - he has a HUGE intercooler - it may be worth reconsidering?

Smile

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 15:42
zac

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
I dunno mate...he just said that it might be worth keeping the smaller setup. I know Ryan's is now hardly stalling at all, but if it will never stall then I'm willing to drop up to ~ 30hp.

If it makes < 360hp then I'll go with the bigger diameter and get it mapped again. Laugh

Hit the limiter in 6th gear at 169mph (GPS - TomTom on the German autobahn). Still pulling like a train too. Cheers

R.I.P Pete Sims
Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 15:48
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
zac wrote:
I dunno mate...he just said that it might be worth keeping the smaller setup. I know Ryan's is now hardly stalling at all, but if it will never stall then I'm willing to drop up to ~ 30hp.

If it makes < 360hp then I'll go with the bigger diameter and get it mapped again. Laugh

That's cool, it's good to be different, be interesting to see what difference it makes..

Are you still using the Forge FMIC, or are you going to weld a bigger FMIC to your existing pipework?

Cool

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 15:54
zac

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
Still using the Forge 'cooler.

If it still manages to make decent power it'll have a little bit sharper throttle response due to the reduced filling time, which for me is more important than chasing big figures to willy-wave in the pub.

Theory is there, whether or not it'll be noticeable either on track or on the road...who knows?

Well, probably yourself and phillipm. Laugh

R.I.P Pete Sims
Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 16:00
mabgti

NV motors

Post #81
theory is good... using 90 degree samco pipes on the intercooler gives me a little throttle lagYes... soon to be hard pipedBig grin

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 28th Mar 2009 at 00:17
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #82
Looks good. Just to let you know the rods in mine are still fine, admittedly in a N/A engine but when it was put together Sandy said they looked to be of good quality! Also completed a full track day at Combe (bout 6 sessions) with no issues.

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 28th Mar 2009 at 15:50
racerxbon

Regular

Post #83
Your works are excellent Carl! I might have to come and visit you some days!

My Diablo 206 GTI-6

Track Video @ Rockingham
Posted 29th Mar 2009 at 03:20

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]